Alpharetta, GA – omg! INSIDER’s Kevin Frazier spoke exclusively to Pat Houston, Whitney Houston’s sister-in-law, who is refuting reports that she attempted to take her own life. Houston told Frazier that she would never harm herself and was simply resting after injuring her back the day before. “[Suicide] is never an option and never would be an option for me,” Houston stated. “I wouldn’t do that to my family, especially my daughter who means the world to me.”
Houston went on to say, “I injured my back while working out with my daughter yesterday so I decided to take the day off and get some rest.” Houston explained to Frazier that she went to bed, turned off her phones and took medication to help with her injury. When she awoke, the police were in her bedroom.
Houston was particularly upset because the reports of a suicide attempt brought distress to her family, especially her teenage daughter and her niece, Bobbi Kristina. Houston, who hosted 40 teens in her home this past weekend as part of a mentoring program, expressed concerns about the message the false reports sent to those children as well.
The entire incident was sparked after friends misinterpreted a Facebook post which was made by Houston. When her longtime family security guard could not reach her, the police were called. In response to the incident, Houston sent a message to concerned friends via Twitter saying “I’m very tired and need much needed rest, but not Rest in Peace.”
Read the entire story on omg!
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
Source:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd
1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna
2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986
Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.
3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
Source:david plastik / PR Photos
4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.
5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna
6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK
7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
Source:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses
11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
Source:© Retna Ltd.
13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.
14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
Source:© Derek Storm/Retna
19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010
20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 23