NEW YORK (AP) — Saying she is “disappointed, saddened and deeply concerned” by the price hike of the EpiPen, actress Sarah Jessica Parker has cut ties with the company that makes the emergency allergy treatment.
Parker, whose 13-year-old son James has severe peanut and hazelnut allergies, was part of a short campaign with pharmaceutical giant Mylan N.V., maker of the EpiPen. She was never a spokeswoman.
The company is facing heated criticism about the list price of an EpiPen twin-pack climbing to $608 over the past nine years.
Parker took to Instagram on Thursday to distance herself from the company and urged it to “take swift action to lower the cost to be more affordable for whom it is a life-saving necessity.”
A representative for the actress confirmed the statement was accurate.
1. Rihanna and Rita OraSource:PR Photos 1 of 12
2. Matt Barnes and Christopher WilliamsSource:PR/Courtesy 2 of 12
3. India Love and KarruecheSource:PR 3 of 12
4. Jessica White and Eugena WilliamsSource:PR 4 of 12
5. Amber Riley and Raven GoodwinSource:PR 5 of 12
6. Pharrell and Caron ButlerSource:AP/PR 6 of 12
7. Kenyon Martin and Method ManSource:PR 7 of 12
8. Tracee Ellis Ross and Sarah Jessica ParkerSource:instagram/PR Photos 8 of 12
9. KD Aubert and Angelina JolieSource:PR Photos 9 of 12
10. Marina Squerciata and Essence AtkinsSource:PR Photos 10 of 12
11. Queen Latifah and Mona Scott YoungSource:PR Photos 11 of 12
12. Angell Conwell and Jennifer HudsonSource:PR Photos 12 of 12
(Photo Source: AP)