NEW YORK (AP) — An unarmed black teenager killed by a white officer in Missouri was shot at least six times, including twice in the head, a preliminary private autopsy has found.

The New York Times reported  that the autopsy by Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City chief medical examiner, found that one of the bullets entered the top of Michael Brown’s skull, suggesting that his head was bent forward when he suffered a fatal injury.

Baden said it was likely the last of bullets to hit Brown, 18, whose death has spurred a week of rancorous protests in Ferguson, in suburban St. Louis.

Police have said little about the encounter between Brown and the officer, except to say that it involved a scuffle in which the officer was injured and Brown was shot. Witnesses say the teenager had his hands in the air as the officer fired multiple rounds.

Baden told the Times that Brown was also shot four times in the right arm and that all the bullets were fired into his front. The newspaper said the bullets did not appear to have come from very close range because there was no gunpowder on his body.

That determination could change if there were residue on Brown’s clothing, which Baden did not examine, the newspaper said.

Some of the bullets entered and exited Brown several times, the newspaper said, including one that caused at least five wounds. It said one shattered his right eye, went through his face, left through his jaw and re-entered his collarbone. The last two shots in the head would have stopped him in his tracks and were likely the last fired, the Times said.

Baden told the newspaper Brown would not have survived even if he had been taken to a hospital immediately.

Baden did not return a message left by The Associated Press earlier Sunday.

Earlier Sunday, Attorney General Eric Holder ordered a federal medical examiner to perform another autopsy on Brown, citing the “extraordinary circumstances” surrounding his death and a request by Brown’s family.

24 thoughts on “Brown Shot Six Times, Initial Autopsy Shows

1. ambientbake on said:

Let’s hope that other black men get the message that it is NOT okay to rob a store, push around the store clerk, and get into an altercation with a cop. Brown is dead now and the community is hurting. All this violence associated with blacks is tearing this country apart.

2. Why is the media trying to say that by showing the video of the robbery it’s “character assassination”?. Isn’t it the truth? While my (black) son finishes up his senior year of college, this kid was pushing around store clerks. He does not represent my race, and neither do the criminals who vandalize in the name of protest.

3. virginia on said:

all the looting and rioting not necessary, we as black people need to be worried about our young kids ages 5-7 dying, all the drive by shooting protest against that

• We as black people need to worry about the education of our children, and the breakdown of our families. Why have so many of us abandoned our children? I have 5 brothers. Only one is married to the mother of his children. I’m treated as an outsider because I’m successful. My children are taunted because they speak English, go to college, and obey the law.

4. ’’ Skepticism’’ Do not call me American If I can’t be treated well Because of my nature, But I do have a mind And I also have a heart They’re aware of the Same brightness as all. Do not call me citizen If I have to be botched. Indeed, my DNA is hot Because Missouri is still Still crying and burning. Quench then the fire, and The best will glow among us. The mine’s tag no. found In Savannah, and it belonged To the same anthem as all. Do not call me American If so on, and on! Do not call me Bo, as well, If my exertion can’t be branded Into the melting-pot, Because of my backdrop, and The mine’s shabby boots are still At the Museums where they’re Aware of the same color as all. http://www.artnook.weebly.com

5. The qualifications to be a police officer is very shameful. A GED, come on now. With a college degree requirement we would truly have officers who really want to protect and serve the public. A $25.00 and $35.00 an hour job with a gun and excellent benefits would attract any dark minded person who hasn’t been arrested. I really feel for the people in Ferguson, they took all they could take. Unfortunately more lives are being taken by the system they are protesting against.

6. Honestly on said:

The cave n!@@er wilson will walk. These neanderthal apes have a depraved indifference to Nubian life. These mayonnaise monkeys kill and rape their own children for pastime. These monsters, freaks and savages must be driven to piss, sh!t and blood. They should have never been let out of the caves of Europe.

7. Mrknowitall on said:

Observation: big mouth blacks want servalence film relased in one case, but not in the other case. The black racist doubble standard again. Both cases are police shootings with European American officers.

Good news: black on black killings still is ok.

8. Albert H on said:

An Open Letter to St. Louis

To The Local Government:

What is our resolve, who do we turn to? How does one (any citizen) protect him/herself from the long arm of the law-legally? How does one obtain justice if a system of profiling is in place against us?

Have we trained our officers to protect and serve or intimidate and destroy? When is a citizen allowed to physically protect him/herself when being attacked by a rouge police officer? Is our only option 100% compliance even if the result is our own death?

My hands are up, I’m on my knees, I have fully surrendered myself to an individual in a police uniform that hates the color of my skin and the tone of my voice. What do I do if he or she fires a shot (during compliance) that hits or misses me?

Am I allowed to run or simply surrender and die? At what point are we allowed to use common sense if we believe our lives are in danger and a rouge police officer is the perpetrator? What is my resolve? What is our resolve?

To The Local People:
    What are our intentions? Are we out for blood or justice? Of course the goal is justice! Are we going to obtain justice by destroying local businesses and residential properties that are owned by local citizens and business owners, that had no hand in firing the fatal shot that killed Mr. Brown?

What is our goal? Justice? Or are we ready to become the destroyers of the rights we ourselves expect to be upheld? “No justice No peace” does not mean violence, it means unity and no silence until our voices are heard and the answers to our questions without equivocation is justice!
    Justice for Mr. Brown, and justice for every black and brown face that is tired of pleading for justice! Tired of burying those gunned down due to violence and discrimination.

Yes we are outraged! And honest answers will not bring back Mr. Brown, but honest answers will show us “the people” that the police department and officials don’t perceive us as looters and hoodlums looking for a fight. Yet, understand and acknowledge that we are respectable and productive citizens with the right to expect: justice, honesty and transparency!

And the right to press the issue in our search for justice! What are our intentions? Are we out for blood or justice? Of course our goal is justice!
    But at what point does the tired voice yield to the hand, and at what point does the unheard become the sword?
    Let us all pray for justice!

• Mrknowitall on said:

Your first mistake you black biggotts make is You all racially profile, and stereotype European Americans and European American police. You rushed to judgement. You are racist. You teach racism to the young colored children. Stop your racial profiling, and stereotyping European Americans.
      Twitter: Tommylovemonkey

• “How do you protect yourself from the long arm of the law?” Seriously? How about starting with obeying those laws, which were all put in place for a reason. We voted on them! You can’t just pick and choose when you want to be law-abiding.

9. Mrknowitall on said:

Three weeks ago, four teenage colored boys attacked my seventy year old girlfriend as she walked to her front door at night. She is European American on social security. This is one of many reasons America hates most blacks.
    If i had i gun there would be four funerals. Americas first biracial president gave Negros courage to express their racism violently.
    Twitter: tommylovemonkey
    This brave police officer is my hero

• Mrknowitall on said:

PS. I forgot to mention that the teenage colored boys robed the seventy year old European American woman, and took her social security money.

• Get real. You sound like a redneck hillbilly. In our middle class, racially-mixed neighborhood, the only trouble ever caused has been adolescent white boys. It doesn’t make me hate all white boys, just those little hoodlums.

10. The justice is not in looting and rioting, Destroying your own people’s property is not going to bring this young man back. Protest without violence get your message across without more bloodshed.

• Why do you refuse to wait for justice to play out? If it turns out the kid was rushing the cop, and the cop gets off, is that justice to you, or does it only count if you get verdict you want?

• Sharon Jones on said:

What are you wanting, besides JUSTICE? Why, don’t you understand that “enough is enough”? You claim to know so much. But, you know NOTHING! Where are your loved ones? You aren’t, SUPERIOR!

• Sharon Jones on said:

White cops, always get off (right or wrong). So do the George Zimmerman’s of the world.