Malia Obama is growing up, a fact that hit home as her father, President Barack Obama, mentioned that she attended her first prom.
“Malia did have her first prom,” the commander-in-chief solemnly said Friday on “Live! With Kelly and Michael.” “It’s fair to say that the first time you see your daughter in heels is a bit jarring.”
Malia’s prom experience comes as a major development for the Obamas. The president and first lady Michelle Obama have worked over the years to juggle raising Malia and her sister Sasha in the open spotlight of being in the first family. In a 2009 interview with Newsweek, President Obama weighed in on the issue of dating, saying “Dating, I think, will be an issue because I have men with guns surrounding them at all times, which I’m perfectly happy with, but they may feel differently about it.”
As for revealing more about Malia’s prom outing, the president was tight lipped about his favorite high school sophomore.
“This is all classified information,” he deadpanned.
Cuteness Overload: Celebrity Family Moments That Made Us Say "Aww"
1. 2 Chainz with his daughtersSource:2 Chainz Instagram 1 of 15
2. Monica and Shannon Brown and their daughter LaiyahSource:Monica Instagram 2 of 15
3. Kevin Hart and his kids Heaven and HendrixSource:AP 3 of 15
4. The CartersSource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. The WestsSource:AP 5 of 15
6. Alicia Keys and her son EgyptSource:Instagram 6 of 15
7. Christina Milian and her daughter VioletSource:Instagram 7 of 15
8. The Game and his daughter Cali.Source:Instagram 8 of 15
9. LeBron James and his son Bryce.Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Carmelo Anthony and his son Kiyan.Source:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Vin Diesel, Rev Run and Tyrese with their daughters.Source:Instagram 11 of 15
12. Fantasia and son Dallas.Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Tiny and her sons Major and King.Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Vince Herbert and his son Logan.Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Wiz Khalifah and his son Sebastian.Source:Instagram 15 of 15
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)