Legendary comedian Paul Mooney calls in to the TJMS to discuss the latest in news and headlines.
On Donald Sterling:
“I’ve known Donald Sterling a long time. He’s done a lot for black people behind the scenes,” Mooney says.
Everything from Michael Jackson’s hologram to declaring Frankenstein a Republician, he goes there as only he knows how!
Hear the rest of his interview when you click the link below or read the entire interview below:
TOM JOYNER: I want to come to one of these shows, Paul Mooney, you and Dick Gregory. I know y’all been out now for about a month. Paul Mooney and Dick Gregory will be in Atlanta this weekend at the Georgia World Congress Center at the Marcus Auditorium. Paul Mooney’s on the phone, good morning, Paul.
PAUL MOONEY: Good morning
TOM JOYNER: There’s a lot going on, Paul. A lot going on. Let’s start with the NBA and Donald Sterling and his ownership.
PAUL MOONEY: Donald Sterling, what about him?
TOM JOYNER: That’s what I’m asking.
SYBIL WILKES: What are your thoughts on him?
TOM JOYNER: What are your thoughts about him?
PAUL MOONEY: Huh?
TOM JOYNER: What are your thoughts about him? I’ve been waiting to hear this.
PAUL MOONEY: Oh, well, I’ve known Donald Sterling for a long time. I’ve known him longer than I’ve known you.
TOM JOYNER: What?
PAUL MOONEY: Yeah. Uh-huh.
SYBIL WILKES: And has he always been like this?
PAUL MOONEY: Huh?
SYBIL WILKES: Has he always been like this?
PAUL MOONEY: Well, he’s a little schizophrenic. I think he’s had two or three nervous breakdowns.
TOM JOYNER: That’s why he’s talking like that.
PAUL MOONEY: No, because he’s done a lot for black people, behind the scene for black kids, he’s done a lot for a lot of black people.
TOM JOYNER: I haven’t heard that before.
PAUL MOONEY: But he’s a womanizer and he’s got a lot of problems. He’s always had those problems.
TOM JOYNER: You really do know him.
PAUL MOONEY: Yeah. And the wife knows it too.
TOM JOYNER: Hmm.
SYBIL WILKES: Did you know …
PAUL MOONEY: Well, you know, most white women they always know. They always know, that’s why they marry them, they always know.
SYBIL WILKES: Did you know V. Stiviano?
PAUL MOONEY: Of course.
SYBIL WILKES: And so you know her as what kind of person?
PAUL MOONEY: Well I know she like black men.
SYBIL WILKES: Okay. And she likes old rich white men too.
PAUL MOONEY: Well, they all do. Why not? Y’all like them too. They leave you money. (Laughter) Why would you want to marry some old rich black man that’s broke? (Laughter) Unless you got some problems.
TOM JOYNER: All right, Michael Jackson and the hologram that they showed on the Billboard Music Awards. Did you happen to see that, Paul Mooney?
PAUL MOONEY: No, but I’ve heard about it. I mean they got a lot of holograms. I’ve heard about it, yeah, I’ve heard about it. Yeah, they’ve got a lot of things. They, you know, that’s an old Republican trick.
TOM JOYNER: Old Republican trick?
PAUL MOONEY: Mm-hmm. Republicans do that, pay off holograms, and clones, and you know, Michael’s always been in to that. You know that. I try to tell black people to watch all their old films, starting with Frankenstein. You know, when you watch things, they always know stuff. Listen, there isn’t a black problem, there’s never been a black problem. IT’s a white problem. Black people don’t run nothing, you know? White folks, it’s a white problem. It’s always a white problem. White power, they obsess with that. You know? So they’re always going to make moves so they can be in charge of things. And if takes money to do it, you know, fine.
TOM JOYNER: And a hologram.
PAUL MOONEY: Whatever, you know. I’ve already put an ad in the press. I’m up for sale. For a billion dollars I’m up for sale. (Laughter)
TOM JOYNER: Paul Mooney touring with Dick Gregory. Oh, my. And you’ll get a chance to see in Atlanta, the Georgia World Congress Center this Saturday at the Sidney Marcus Auditorium. I love you, Paul.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading Donald Sterling Defended by Paul Mooney