A YouTube video entitled “Prayer for President Barack Obama” of a young elementary school-aged boy named Stephen praying for President Barack Obama has gone viral, and many on the religious right along with some conservatives are condemning the video as “blasphemous.”
On the video, the young child closes his eyes and says:
Barack Obama, thank you for doing everything and all the kind stuff. Thank you for all the stuff that you helped us with. Thank you for taking the courage and responsibility for everything you have done for us. And God has given you a special power and you are going to handle it just fine. You are good, Barack Obama, and you are great, and when you get older, you will be able to do great things. Love, Stephen. Barack Obama!”
The video is captioned, “The prayer that he wanted to say for our President is priceless,” and was uploaded by Regina Young.
Watch Stephen’s President Obama prayer here:
Many who have viewed the video and commented on it have not only ripped in to the innocent child but some have even gone as far as going after his mother.
One critic wrote about the video:
You should be ashamed of yourself for teaching your child that it is acceptable to pray to a man, and not God. Especially a man hell-bent on destroying our nation.”
Another viewer, who was apparently seething after watching the child’s prayer said:
Disgusting. Pray for this poor child’s soul.
While another commenter expressed the following about the video:
Thank you for a free obamaphone, thank you for having millions of Americans on food stamps, thank you for an economy that is in the cra**er…Should I go on? Oh yeah and thanks for me and my wife being first unemployed and now underemployed.”
And yet another:
Watching this is like watching the kids in the Middle East brainwashed by their parents wanting to become martyrs. Gotta love brainwashing. A mind truly is a terrible thing to use.
Fox News Radio Reporter Todd Starnes even went as far as to suggest that the boy was breaking one of the Ten Commandments, asking, ‘What kind of parent would allow their child to blaspheme God?’
Thus far the controversial video has garnered some nearly 242,000 views.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 28
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 28
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 28
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 28
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 28
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 28
8. new new
8 of 28
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 28
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 28
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 28
12 of 28
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 28
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 28
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 28
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 28
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 28
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 28
19. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
19 of 28
20 of 28
21. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
21 of 28
22. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
22 of 28
23. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
23 of 28
24. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
24 of 28
25. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
25 of 28
26. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
26 of 28
27. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
27 of 28
28. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell