As reported last week, Too Short was arrested for DUI.
You also may recall he made a lame attempt to escape from LAPD (see video below) and was hauled off to jail.
That’s where things got even more interesting because cops say they found drugs in the back of the cruiser. As a result, Too Short was booked for felony drug possession. However, there’s good news for the Oakland rapper. According to TMZ, the charges are being dropped.
The L.A. County District Attorney rejected the felony drug case because cops only found a very small amount of drugs — which they say is meth. Because the rapper does not have a felony record, the D.A. decided not to prosecute and sent the case over to the L.A. City Attorney for misdemeanor review.
Too Short insists he was not in possession of drugs, and whatever was found in the back of the cop car was left by the prior arrestee.
More Celebrity Mug Shot Madness
11 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. Ne-Yo was charged with reckless driving and driving without a license.
1 of 11
2. 2. Nick Nolte Mugshot for swerving into oncoming traffic.
2 of 11
3. 3. David Cassidy was charged with DUI for weaving down a Florida Turnpike.
3 of 11
4. 4. Matthew McConaughey for violating the noise ordinance.
4 of 11
5. 5. DMX got more mug shots than Lindsay Lohen. That's HUGE.
5 of 11
6. 6. Mario got in a little spat with mom. She has a history with abusing drugs.
6 of 11
7. 7. Cedric Benson was intoxicated while boating, flying, flying off the handle.
7 of 11
8. 8. Marilyn Manson was arrested for criminal sexual conduct during his concert.
8 of 11
9. 9. Robert Downey, Jr. has certainly had his share of mug shots over the years.
9 of 11
10. 10. Haley Joel Osment was charged with a DUI in Los Angles.
10 of 11
11. 11. Chad Ochocinco / Chad Johnson was arrested over the weekend for head-butting his new bride. (Photo: AP)
11 of 11