President Barack Obama is striving to win over women at the polls.
Recent surveys have shown the support for President Obama has dwindled among women tightening the gap between him and Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
A USA Today-Gallup survey found that Obama and Romney are tied at 48 percent among women voters in battleground states. This finding was also mirrored in a recent Pew poll with Obama losing his 18 point lead over Romney tying them at 47 percent.
In comparison to the days leading up to the first debate, neither campaign spoke heavily on their candidate’s expected performance in detail. However, Obama’s campaign did promise a more aggressive approach to the second debate.
“You should expect that [Obama’s] going to be firm but respectful in correcting the record and the times we expect Mitt Romney will hide from and distort his own policies, said Jen Psaki, a campaign spokeswoman. “He’s energized and I expect he will also be making a passionate case.”
In preparation for the debate, President Obama took in a morning workout as well as a last minute prep session with his campaign debate team.
A source close to the campaign said that the president will not take a tender approach this go-round. He also mentioned that the president will likely bring up Romney’s “47-percent” remarks.
President Obama is also rumored to negate claims Romney made during the first debate such as Romney’s insistence on covering pre-existing conditions in his health-care program.
Romney has also spent the past few days brushing up on the town hall debate format in which audience members can ask the candidates questions. Candidates may answer the questions directly to the audience member rather than the moderator.
The town hall format has been met with some challenges in previous debates. During the 2008 campaign, Sen. John McCain’s pacing on stage became comedic ammunition for a “Saturday Night Live” parody. On the other hand, the audience-engagement format proved to be an advantage for former president Bill Clinton during the 1992 debate against President George H.W. Bush.
Despite the second debate’s more engaging format, tonight’s face-off will abide by a 21-page document of rules which were published on Monday in Time Magazine. Audience members will not be allowed to ask follow-up questions and President Obama and Romney have agreed to not direct questions to each other.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30