Got questions about fitness? Text them to “646464” (OHOHOH).
From AJ Johnson:
TRANSITION21 Day 1
Today is Day 1 of the new you! The fact that you are here means you are ready for a change? You are curious about what has to be done to create your better? You’ve tried everything you think should work, it hasn’t and before you give up, here you are? Your answer may be one of these reasons or all of the above. The great news is you are here and we are excited to help you find your better!
Better means different things for different people. In THE AJ ZONE, we believe that the first step to correcting things-righting the wrongs- is to properly identify the issue! Let’s take today and do some self research. Where are you blocked? What, who is in the way of your better? BE HONEST! All we want to do today, day 1, is to simply acknowledge where we are blocked. Write it down. I do this daily, as each day presents new obstacles, so I constantly redesign the way to MY better. Is it nutritional? Spiritual? Mental? Decide what’s blocking your better. We’ll get to work on unblocking tomorrow!
Click here for daily instructions on THE AJ ZONE.
Dozens of celebrities and athletes don’t set foot on a stage or in a sports venue before working with celebrity lifestylist AJ Johnson.
Johnson, known for her roles in several movies, including “Baby Boy,” “House Party” and “The Inkwell,” is also founder of THE AJ ZONE, an ultimate experience for those truly serious about improving their nutritional, and spiritual lifestyles.
“As a celebrity lifestylist I can tell you this, just when you think you’ve reached your best, we help you reach your better,” Johnson said in a statement announcing “A Day with AJ,” a traveling tour Johnson took to obese cities and colleges across the country, to get the message out about fitness and nutrition.
She has said her goal is to improve the health and wellness – physically and spiritually – of others, one community at a time.
On Aug. 8, Johnson kicks off a “Transform in 21” challenge on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Detailed weekly instructions will be posted on her website.
At age 17, Johnson lost her mother to cancer and her father several years later. She has been a spokeswoman for the American Cancer Society, hosted the VH1 reality fitness competition “From Flab to Fab” and conducts numerous magazine interviews, as well as television and personal appearances, to promote healthy living.
On his death bed, Johnson’s father told her, “You’re not able to save me, but take all of who you are and what you know and go save the world.”
Johnson majored in psychology and chemistry major at Spelman College in Atlanta, Ga. , graduating Magna cum Laude in Psychology, but she chose Hollywood over med school, found a job within two months of her arrival and has been working ever since.
Johnson also hosts seminars and classes for corporations and magazines and even led a group of celebrity clients in sunrise yoga classes during an island retreat. She has taken her talents to a wide range of venues, including Spelman College, the CIAA Conference, the Black Lawyers Association, the Black MBA Association and the Proctor & Gamble My Black Is Beautiful tour.
Her celebrity clients include actress Gabrielle Union, NBA star Dwayne Wade, entertainers Chaka Khan, Beyonce, India Arie, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
Testimonials on Johnson’s website, range from people who lost weight because they wanted to look better to a woman who, with her doctor’s supervision, is on track to get off blood pressure medication by following the plan.
“I’ve just been helping people get healthy, stay healthy. So THE AJ ZONE is where you go to get your better,” Johnson told Hello Beautiful in an interview.
“I think too many people try to diet. That’s not what THE AJ ZONE is about. It’s about living a healthy lifestyle. So when you choose better you are better.”
Click here for answers to your fitness questions from AJ Johnson.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25