Black Girls Rock! 2016 celebrated the achievement of Black women and girls from all kinds of different backgrounds. Check out our photo gallery of the red carpet and inside the show!
1. Tatyana Ali cradles her pregnant belly.
2. ‘Survivors Remorse’ star Teyonah Parris.
3. BET CEO Debra Lee kicks it with host Tracee Ross.
4. Rihanna stays making headlines with edgy fashion.
5. Longtime friends Gladys Knight and Dionne Warwick.
6. Kelly Rowland and Monica slay the red carpet.
7. Iyanla Vanzant is a staunch supporter of Black women and girls.
8. Singer Andra Day wants Black girls to rise up into greatness.
9. Ledisi shows off her gorgeous locs and gown.
10. British import Corinne Bailey Rae.
11. ‘Game’ star Hosea Chanchez and ‘Power’ star Naturi Naughton hug it out.
12. Eva Marceille follows the jumpsuit theme of the night.
13. Monica Brown celebrates black girls who rock with daughter Laylah.
14. Cicely Tyson supports Black girls who rock.
15. Shonda Rhimes talks about her success and why her honor is bigger than just herself.
16. Rihanna accepts her award by saying she’s just tried to be true to herself.
17. Host Tracee Ellis Ross.
18. Monica performs a single from her new release.
19. Opal Pittman and Alicia Garza, co-founders of Black Lives Matter, accept their award.
20. Brandy performs with a host of dancers.
21. Marsha Ambrosius, Imani Azuri and Corinne Bailey Rae make a saaangin’ trio.
22. Tracee Ellis Ross slays in sheer black gown.
23. Hillary Clinton came to recognize Beverly Bond, founder of Black Girls Rock!
24. Gladys Knight says her BGR Award is the best honor she’s ever received.
25. Beverly Bond, founder of Black Girls Rock!
26. Honoree Amandla Stenberg is happy to be a part of Black Girls Rock!
27. Danai Gurira accepts her award in a fabulous jumpsuit.
28. Jazmine Sullivan sings ‘Masterpiece’ from her ‘Reality Show’ recording.
29. Erykah Badu is here for Black Girls Rock!
More From BlackAmericaWeb