1. 1. Jill Scott started out as a student-teacher.
2. 2. Seal earned a degree in architecture and worked a variety of jobs.
3. 3. Fantasia worked at a daycare facility before American Idol.
4. 4. Ludacris was an intern and DJ for Hot 97.5 in ATL.
5. 5. Sherri Shepherd was a secretary before finding success at stand-up.
6. 6. Jamie Foxx worked as a part-time janitor and a shoe salesman at Thom McCann.
7. 7. Mo’Nique worked as sales representative for MCI telecommunications.
8. 8. Wayne Brady worked at Disney World and played Tigger in the Winnie Pooh parade.
9. 10. Idris Elba started out as a Wedding-DJ at the age of 14.
10. 11. Sade studied fashion and design in London and launced an unsuccessful shop.
11. 12. Keith Sweat was a stock boy at Macy’s and then went to work at the NY Stock Exc.
12. 13. Pink worked at a variety of fast-food chains and gas stations.
13. 14. Katt Williams sold magazines door-to-door and robbed cars for radios.
14. 15. Chubby Checker worked at Fresh Farm Poultry, plucking chickens.
15. 16. As a teenager, Oprah worked at a grocery store beside her dad’s barber shop.
16. 17. Edgerrin James worked 16-hour days loading watermelons as a teen.
17. 18. Bill Cosby sold produce, shine shoes, and work as a stock boy as a teen.