CHICAGO (AP) — Attorneys for “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett say there are no plans for him to meet with Chicago detectives Monday for a follow-up interview about his reported assault.

Anne Kavanagh is a spokeswoman for Smollett’s lawyers. She says in an emailed statement that his lawyers “will keep an active dialogue with Chicago police on his behalf.”

Smollett reported last month that he was physically attacked by two men who yelled homophobic and racial slurs. He said they also yelled he was in “MAGA Country,” an apparent reference to President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan.

Police said Saturday that the investigation had “shifted” after detectives questioned two brothers about the attack and released them without charges. Police say they’ve requested a follow-up interview with Smollett.

Smollett’s lawyers say the actor feels “victimized” by reports that he played a role in the assault.

PHOTO: AP

HEAD BACK TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE

The Ten Most Interesting Little Known Black History Facts

40 thoughts on “Smollett Won’t Do Follow-up Police Interview

1. B please!! Pimp slappin ur laptop closed is more like it. Lol ..ahh..whitey strikes again. Sounds like White AAT made a computer friend after all these years!!!!

2. Thanks Ted. Cant trust whiteys no where. AAW used to bash BLM back in the day on this same site …so F him ….her and its Trump lovin friends!

• African American Woman on said:

Back in the day? You mean yesterday. Black lives don’t matter because if they did, there would be widespread outrage over black men slaughtering other black men like it’s open season. Talk about that…Oh no. You won’t; it doesn’t fit your victim narrative.. Cue the tiny violin.

3. African American Woman on said:

Hahahahhahahahahhah! A fat white man lmao! I’m not but I’m sure your mom looks like one and that’s why you’re so obsessed with white people.

• Butter Pecan on said:

I know, I know. I’m guilty myself. Occasionally, I just can’t resist rearing back and pimp slapping Uncle Ted for his consumate victim pandering

• Says to me…F all u non believers..I said what I said. Hes disgusted. Not only with the media ..but blacks too. Damn..even OJ recvd more support. Dummies so quick to believe the whiteman. Smdh!!!!!!!!!

• African American Woman on said:

Actually in this case; sensible people are believing the evidence which overwhelmingly presents reasonable doubt to his story. And be careful, you’re going to look like an obtuse fool if he’s implicated…but I’m sure you’ll find someone to blame then as well..I don’t know anyone who believed OJ Simpson was innocent and I still don’t.

• AAW..we all know ur a fat white man….so please save ur response. U have been on this site for years talkin crazy and against all things black.now..if im wrong..so be it..however read up on Malcolm X quotes regarding the media and victimizing the victim. As for OJ..yeah..blacks did support him..thats how I know ur. Matlock watchin azz is white!! Now get off BAW and go watch ur beloved fox n friends fraud!!

• Ted Gravely on said:

c – lol. Don’t entertain these white dogs. I was thinking more like that fat white BBQ Becky. Hit this site with your opinion and keep it moving. I believe black folk any day over the known lying white man. The same white people that convicted and coerced guilty pleas out of the Central Park Five. The same white people that sit their fat behinds at 1600 Pennsylvania and lie everyday. c.., you’re too reasoned to entertain these fools. Keep swinging and I’ll keep supporting. BBQ Becky is too fat to catch you.

4. He’s been caught. The brothers stayed that he paid them so end of story. Made us black folks look bad. He’s damage goods in Hollywood now. He will never work again. He is now black ball.

• African American Woman on said:

And… What will your spiel be when this “story” is proven to just that? It’s Donald Trump’s fault, right? Just because someone shares the same skintone with you doesn’t mean they have your best interests at heart. Blind allegiance is and always has been stupid. So, if its proven he’s lying; you think he’s going to personally come to you and apologize for misleading you? Yea? You GTFOH

• I have zeros allegiance to Jussie Smollett. He has made a mess out of his life if this mess was a scam. It has zero impact on my life.

5. There are ppl who frequent this website to criticize Jussie. They have never said one negative thing about the thing currently in the wh. There fake prez lied over 6000xs in a yr. I’m not here for those ppl wholly than thou are not rhetoric. Gtfoh!

• No stupid huf— the count came from fact checkers. You and your ilk have zero credibility when you listen to your fake prez tell lies every time he open his fat azz mouth.

6. Smollett stated the attackers said “this is MAGA country” …..really Chicago that voted 88% for Hilary he also stated the 2 perps were white, those 2 brothers were strange looking white men
    and now that his story is coming apart there are those who offer up the childish ass deflection that Trump lies so it’s OK wow TDS is taking it’s toll on plantation neggros and liberal whites

7. Mrknowitall on said:

Jussie Smolett is a Hetro-phob, racist, Euro-phobe afraid of European-Americans, lying bigot. Truth-phobia fear of truth. Is it a coincidence he is also a demokkkrat?

8. Ted Gravely on said:

This is the same Chicago PD that killed and covered up the Laquan McDonald murder. The same Chicago PD where several people were framed by a disgraced former Chicago police sergeant with bogus drug cases and now have filed a federal lawsuit against the city and the police department. The lawsuit describes how blue racists approached the plaintiffs, demanded cash, drugs or guns, and threatened to arrest anyone who did not comply. Who knows how they threatened those Nigerians? If you saw a barrel of bad apples and good apples; you’re going to go to the good barrel and get your fruit. You’re not going to reach your hands into a barrel with dirt, worms, and damaged fruit. Chicago PD is known for bad apples. Thus far in life (regardless how this looks), Jussie has been a good Apple. Don’t let me or anybody else influence you. Just note that Jussie has tripled down on his story. Why should he continue to repeat himself? The biggest liar in the entire world is racist Donald J. Trump. The same people coming after Jussie – never criticize or call out the know lies of lying Donald. If and I mean if, Jussie wasted that corrupt departments time and resources; it pales in comparison to how that fat orange puppet cheated and is now fleecing America as the biggest traitor since Benedict Arnold.

• African American Woman on said:

Here we go! Its Mr. Blame everyone else for someone’s misdeeds. Some of y’all are so strong on believing this mess that maybe you were involved or sucking his dick at night…which one? Or both? Ted, since you’re bringing up every and anything that has nothing to do with this story; how about you add in the numbers of brothers who slaughtered other brothers last night? Oh wait…that doesn’t fir into your victim/blame box.

9. One last hmmmm……isnt it strange the police found the suspects sooo soon???? Who tipped them off?? These buff bros are much biggrr than the two bodies we seen walkin down the street. Jusz supports black lives matter..and like several other supporters..crimes against them have occured. Sandra bland..the bro who died in a burnin car in an empty parking lot. Lynchings that are covered up as suicides. Cant understand why peeps are trustin the chicago police dept. Smh. Wake up!!!

10. This is getting weirder and weirder. Don’t know who is telling the truth. I like Jussie character on Empire. I hope he is not making this attack up. His career will be OVER if it comes our he us lying.

11. Juss has nothing to gain by making up a story like this. Im riding with him n believe him. Until he says ..whoops I lied ..i aint buyin nothin the popo or the african bros are selling.

• @c, I am not pleased to go against the bro., however it became apparent to me he was not telling the truth when in the very beginning he would not identify the muggers being WHITE to coincide with the MAGA caps……..2 people mugging him & he don’t see any part of their hands, part of their faces to identify their race raised a red-flag for me.

• Futhermore…look at his MO…hes not a clout chaser ..alsays in the news lookin for attntion..hes low key.. 2. Why turn over his phone…unless it was on record whats it gonna prove..the police can verify if he was on hia phone based on the pings and towers..3. When u gey caught doin dirt..the first thing is to blame the victim. He told me to do it..yeah right. Come on black peeps…dont fall for the BS. If i was jussie I would be pissed off tryin to convince mofos.