(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Declaring that his red “MAGA” hat makes him “feel like Superman,” rapper Kanye West made a free-styling appearance in the Oval Office Thursday.

Ahead of a private lunch, President Donald Trump and West spoke with reporters as they sat across from each other at the Resolute desk. West dominated the conversation with a series of monologues that touched on social policy, mental health, endorsement deals and his support for the president.

“Trump is on his hero’s journey right now,” West said, tossing out an expletive to describe himself.

West said that many people believe that, if you’re black, you have to be a Democrat and said he was pressured not to wear his red “Make America Great Again” hat. But he said “this hat, it gives me power.”

West credited Trump with preventing a war with North Korea and encouraged Trump to swap his usual Air Force One for a hydrogen-powered plane. West also argued that Trump deserved more respect, saying: “if he don’t look good, we don’t look good.”

During a pause in West’s comments, Trump said: “I tell you what that was pretty impressive.” He also described West as a “smart cookie.”

The rapper also spoke against stop-and-frisk policing policies, which Trump recently expressed support for. Trump said he was open to other ideas.

Trump recently tweeted praise for West, who closed a “Saturday Night Live” show wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and delivering an unscripted pro-Trump message after the credits rolled.

West is married to reality television star Kim Kardashian West, who pushed Trump to grant a pardon for a drug offender this year.

Naturally, folks all over the political map had to weigh in:

HEAD BACK TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

55 thoughts on “Kanye West’s Donald Trump Meeting Goes Predictably Off Script

1. specialt757 on said:

Late to the party as usual. I couldn’t take watching this display of pure tomfoolery live. Watching the short snippets made my stomach turn. But as usual most of the comments on here are on point.
    No, I completely disagree that kw has mental issues, I think this is the real him. He wants to be important and relevant so much so that he is willing to sell his soul to the highest bidder, the ring leader himself Satan Trump.
    What kw said was barely coherent and even though I dont think a lot about his wife, she was damn smart not to join in on this sad display of “idiotocracy”.
    Gosh, we lost another one y’all, as americanize says chalk his a$$ up to the game lol.

2. You see this is what happens when you don’t finish taking ALL
    OF your medicine lol.

Reminds me of the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith – when Gene Hackmen said to Will “your either incredibly smart or your incredibly stupid”.

Is this it Kanye lol?

Black people hot damit take all ya medicine when you know u crazy!

I thought I saw it all but knowing these times we live in It doesn’t surprise me
    to see the weekly craziness coming from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave these days.

And we were not disappointed.

I farted when I once saw this black dude dressed up like Elvis Presley who once said the only thing black people could do for him is buy his records and shine his shoes.

And now this.

So the question stands Kanye – incredibly smart or incredibly stupid?

Hell even Mr Trump had a stumped look on his face

I had to repost as the first one looked not like I typed it

Peace

3. Chastity on said:

Let us stop making excuses for this to by saying he is off of his medicines. Every time this fool says something that attracts backlash, he justifies it by saying he stopped taking his medicines so that people will tell sorry for him, not hold him accountable and he gets attention. If you know that you do/say some messed up b.s. when you do not take your medicines, common sense would tell you to take your medicine. This coon spews/does ignorant b.s. for attention. Well, let us show this idiot that when he supports a bigot, racist that is all about dividing the country that there are consequences. Let us boycott Koonye by not buying/listening to his music and not buying his ugly fashions/shoes. Let the Trump supporters buy his crap.

• There is a difference in being a REAL conservative compare to being a FOOL. Many blacks are conservative when it comes to living but are liberal when it comes to civil rights jnuff. And when you are black and your words can effect blacks, YES, blacks have a RIGHT to jump on you. We are still a race that what one blacks does can effect us all just like what one muslim can do can effect all (look at the ban. Most Muslims are good people but what a few terrorist are doing is effect all muslims.

• Michael Middleton on said:

jhuf….You have serious issues. Is there a particular reason that you prefer Blacks to dislike you? Please tell us why.

4. You see this is what happens when you don’t finish taking ALL
    OF your medicine lol.

to Will “your either incredibly smart or your incredibly stupid”. Is this it Kanye lol?

Black people hot damit take all ya medicine when you know u crazy!

to see the weekley craziness coming from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave these days. And
    we were not disappointed.

And now this.

So the question stands Kanye – incredibly smart or incredibly stupid? Hell even
    Mr Trump had a stumped look on his face.

Peace

• Passing Through!! on said:

@KIP
      LOL! Unfortunately, Kanye is beyond help because he believes that he’s a free thinker and medication would interfere with him thinking freely. It’s apparent that he’s off of his meds and his Grandiose Narcissism mixed with Bipolarism is going to kill him with insanity. His Hypermania was of the richter on yesterday.

5. Arthur Childress on said:

West can have his own opinions but, did he really have to stomp and buck dance all over the oval office? I was waiting for him to jump up on trump’s desk and pull our a harmonica!

6. The NFL never sent it’s players out to salute the flag from 1922 t0 2009.Why wasn’t Mr.Patriotic Jim Brown complaining about the owners.He is worried about the flag being desecrated by taking a peaceful knee.But he wasn’t worried about beating the hell out of his girlfriends.

7. Afterwards Kanye and Jim Brown joined Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson.They all tap danced for the president and his all white staff.It was great as they waved confederate flags.

8. I was disappointed to look at Kanye. Never felt so ashame looking at someone on tv. I was waiting for him to start tap dancing and shuffle footing.

• Passing Through!! on said:

Black people shouldn’t feel ashamed or embarrassed by his antics because Kanye doesn’t speak for black people or the black race in general so his foolery is on him. The only person he embarrassed is himself and that whore from that family of covenant of witches that he married into.

• PT, it should be that way but lets be real, many will judge us especially foreign people on this clown.

• Leonard on said:

Yuuup, just a good Old sambo!that big clown let him come on in to try and convince other blacks to become sambos and that it’s ok to be a sambo…see massah I’m not like the others…

• americanize on said:

Hey PT actually I see a divorce coming soon,then this negro koon will live out his hit song I aint sayin she’s a golddigger.lol so sad.

9. tedgravely on said:

Don Lemon is right, this was a modern day Minstrel Show. I’ll add one caveat – this time black people are the performers. Kanye starring as Jim Crow. Jim “Lost” Brown co starring as his able side kick Zip Coon and Diamond and Silk combining to be Mr Tambo and Mr Bones. It’s not their opinions or “stream of consciousness” that’s the problem, it’s the buffoonery methods. I mean this nonsense and useless waste of taxpayers’ dollars meeting was a circus. At 1600 Pennsylvania Kanye said this in the oval, “Trump is on his hero’s journey right now, and he might not have expected to have a crazy motherf***er like Kanye West run up and support, but best believe, we are going to make America great again.” What? Now that’s deep. Not. I thought Ringling Brothers went out of business. The elephants went to a sanctuary, but they left behind a Rump Baboon and KanCoon. We don’t have to go back and see pictures of Sammy “Tapping” Davis hugging up bigot Nixon. I never thought I would quote T.I.. Yes that T.I., the adulterer and felon. T.I. said, “We just saw Mr.West’s soul on auction. If you listen closely you can hear the tears of our ancestors hit the floor.”

• Willie on said:

@MM, bro., it’s so way-out there, that I just have to see it for myself to thoroughly believe it; that he has earned the name KOONYEAH.

• Passing Through!! on said:

Don Lemon said the same thing in the video above. Kanye made a complete ass out of himself, he clearly needs mental help.

10. Mac Daddy not Baby Daddy on said:

How dare a black man think for himself. He must be hunted down, returned to the plantation where he will be drawn and quartered

11. Keith Warner on said:

He is a thumb want to be he is mad at himself THE truth will always hunt him but he fights within himself and it will hurt him.

• Yo Daddy's a Thug Mac Daddy on said:

Glad you agree Trump invited a thug rapper to the White house – and gave this thug the floor to speak!

12. Passing Through!! on said:

I hope everyone realizes that Kanye is sick..White AmeriKkka is watching him like a train wreck as they quietly await his destruction. I wish everyone would stop posting these pointless stories about him.

13. KimYe “COON” is a nut all day.
    His visit with CHUMP meant nada-Chump don’t give a shit about KIMYE or any other person of color!!!!!!

SCREW THE BOTH OF THESE TURDS WITH A LONG HANDLED BROOMSTICK!!!!!!!!!