Another person has called the police on Black people doing nothing but minding their business. This time, homeowners in Ohio dialed cops to come for a 12-year-old Black boy and his family cutting grass in front of a home.

The young boy is an entrepreneur who owns his own lawn mowing and yard cleaning business — which is doing incredibly well despite the recent hate.

The crazy #LivingWhileBlack incident happened in Maple Heights, a city outside of Cleveland. Reginald Fields, owner of Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service, was working with his young siblings and cousins in cutting grass at their customer, Lucille Holt‘s home, ABC 5 Cleveland reported. Their working day got complicated when a Maple Heights police officer came over to the group. The neighbors had called the cops to complain that the group had been in their yard and cut a section of their property — just about a foot where Holt’s and the neighbors’ lawns met. For real?

Holt began taping when the police arrived at the neighbors’ home on Facebook Live.

“Yes I’m going live because I’m so angry right now. This is like totally ridiculous,” Holt said in the video, adding that the neighbors have often called the police.

In this instance, the police actually said nothing to Fields and his family members, unlike other officers who have responded to calls and used excessive force on people of color.

Image result for cutting grass kids cleveland

Fields, who was discouraged for just minute, kept a good attitude despite the neighbors hating on him and his relatives. He finished the job, and now has won more support from people who have seen the video. To top it off, Fields’ business is growing even more with new customers expressing interest.

“People are inboxing me like, ‘how can I get in touch with this children? Where are they at? I got property I want these kids to cut,’” Holt said.

A GoFundMe page has been setup to support Fields’ business.

Video: Neighbors Call Police On 12-Year-Old Black Kid Entrepreneur Cutting Grass was originally published on newsone.com

16 thoughts on “Video: Neighbors Call Police On 12-Year-Old Black Kid Entrepreneur Cutting Grass

1. tedgravely on said:

Demographics of the caller is irrelevant; however, the caller is an idiot. It’s unfortunate that a lot of neighbors have an ongoing feud that trickles down to pettiness and sometimes violence. If I was the parents of these kids, I would carefully watch and avoid those neighbors. Remember overzealous ignorant neighbors can be violent – Trayvon Martin and Rand Paul.

2. TerriJune on said:

It appears that none of the major news outlets, i.e., CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., picked up this story. The ethnicity of the 911 caller is unknown, however until one of these frivolous callers face some type of repercussion for making these foolish calls that could escalate into a deadly outcome this will continue to occur.

• Mac Daddy not Babby Daddy on said:

You’re right, a father and mother with the same last name in the same household, is definitely not black. My bad

• Phoenix Rising on said:

What a effin’ weak coward you are. She was ALL black with your first comments, and now when you find out that she’s just another stupid @ss white person, such as yourself, you want to attack the black family household. You’re stupid, but have just enough common sense to know there are black households with both parents. BTW, this past weekend, I saw some of your dirty @ss white trailer trash in the seafood place, LIVID and pissed off because they were denied trying to purchase a couple dozen blue crabs with their EBT card. (you know, food stamps) It caught me off guard that they wanted crabs, since usually your average white trailer trasher carries crabs (lice), on their person. So it shocked me that they were in there trying to buy the real deal crabs. But I digress.

The cashier had to explain in trailer trash lingo, that the gov’t stopped the Bubbas, and Hannahs of the world from abusing the card by purchasing BS for themselves and feeding their kids cat food. You know what I’m talking about, some of your incestrial family has the card also. I really could care less, I was just pissed off because they were holding up the line for us BLACK cash/credit card paying folks. And that’s truth!

3. S.D. on said:

The caller is a white female so no, I do not want to amend my comment. It is correct – perhaps you want to amend yours, mac dummie!!! You are as ignorant as the caller.

4. Arthur Childress on said:

The people that called the police were WHITE. Maybe we should do a little research before posting huh? Ignore the lying trolls. They’re pathetic!

5. African American Woman on said:

No !!! The caller was black! Hello, BAW? Forgot to mention that little bit of info? Lol…goes to show that there are pathetic, angry people with too much time on their hands everywhere…I’m glad this kid’s business is taking off because of the idiot caller. Plus, who calls the cops for a free grass trim??? Just dumb.

6. Mac Daddy on said:

Hold the phones. I thought something was missing from this article…..BAW never misses an opportunity to call out an alleged perp as white. They don’t do it here. Why? Because if you look further at say, a real new article, you will find that the neighbor who called the police was also black, but BAW wants you to think they were white. Not true Peeps, not true