After a truly bizarre 2017, singer/actor Tyrese has been relatively quiet this year. He’s managed to limit his social media activity and refrain from beefing with other celebs. In line with his new calmness, he decided to share that he and his wife are expecting their first child together.
For the first time in several months, Tyrese is making headlines for something positive, as it was just announced via PEOPLE and Tyrese himself, that he and his wife Samantha are expecting their first child, a daughter. This will be the second child for Tyrese, who already has a daughter, 10-year-old Shayla from his first marriage, and the first child for Samantha.
A little more than a year after their Valentine’s Day wedding, ‘Fast & Furious’ star Tyrese Gibson and his wife Samantha are expecting a baby girl, they reveal exclusively to PEOPLE. “Both of our love and energy and magic and families are bonded forever because we’re going to have this child,” Gibson, 39, raved in a joint interview with his spouse. “It’s unbelievable.”
Samantha, a 29-year-old social worker, learned she was pregnant with their daughter in late January, not long after they began trying to conceive. Minutes after her positive first test — and before she could even plan out a surprise for her husband — Gibson arrived home, and they celebrated together. “It was me screaming and just being overly excited and just fired up about the news,” he says.
Friends and family were equally enthusiastic. Samantha and Gibson spread the news with help from a faux movie trailer, which Tyrese narrated, that transitioned partway through into footage from Samantha’s ultrasound. “There was no greater reaction than her mom’s reaction,” Gibson says of his wife. “Samantha is her only daughter, and this has been prayers for years and years, for her to get married and find the right one and start a family.” Now in her second trimester, with their baby due in September, Samantha says she’s been in “full practicing mode” with 10-year-old stepdaughter Shayla, “[whom] I consider mine.”
The report goes on to reveal that while Samantha will have the baby in Los Angeles, where they also have a home, they will raise her primarily in Atlanta where they were married. Samantha also detailed that the drama surrounding Tyrese’s behavior last year is behind them and the couple is ready to start a new chapter.
“We were able to conceive at the right time, I believe,” she says. “There was a lot that happened last year — everyone is aware of that — and so to have the opportunity to … really start a new chapter in the way that has happened, I just look to God and I’m like, ‘Wow, I can’t believe that you would plan it this way and you do it so perfectly.’ “
It’s not a rumor……. So proud to share the news! I will never forget when my wife told me these words….. “Take my hand and never let go, I will love you and stand with you through thick and thin from my heart, our love will inspire others to lovers to love deeper… Take my hand and where ever you lead me I will follow you around the world”.. -Samantha Gibson I love you too………. Truly.. I guess the world knows now…….
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns
1 of 62
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter
2 of 62
3. Mary Mary and Willie
3 of 62
4. No Malice and Willie
4 of 62
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams
5 of 62
6. William Mcdowell
6 of 62
7. The Hairstons
7 of 62
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.
8 of 62
9. The Walls Group stopped by!
9 of 62
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast
10 of 62
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy
11 of 62
12. Trina and Willie Moore
12 of 62
13. Dick Gregory and Willie Moore Jr.
13 of 62
14. Evander Holyfield and Willie Moore Jr.
14 of 62
15. The Hairston's and Willie Moore
15 of 62
16. Tim of Sweetie Pie's and Willie Moore Jr.
16 of 62
17. Willie Moore Jr. and the Hudson brothers
17 of 62
18. Tweet and Willie Moore Jr.
18 of 62
19. Kim Fields and Willie snap a photo!
19 of 62
20 of 62
21. Willie and Kirk Franklin
21 of 62
22. Kirk and Willie battle in a test of who is taller!
22 of 62
23. Anita Wilson and Willie Moore Jr.
23 of 62
24. Marlon Jackson and Willie Moore Jr.
24 of 62
25. Sheryl Lee Ralph and Willie
25 of 62
26 of 62
27. Geoffrey Golden and Willie
27 of 62
28. Marcus D. Wiley and Willie Moore Jr
28 of 62
29. Anthony Brown and Willie
29 of 62
30. Real Talk Kim and Willie Moore Jr.
30 of 62
31. Willie Moore Jr. and Anthony Brown
31 of 62
32. Lyfe Jennings and Willie Moore Jr.
32 of 62
33. Willie and Vashawn Mitchell
33 of 62
34. Aaron Cole and Willie Moore Jr.
34 of 62
35. Alex Faith, Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr.
35 of 62
36. Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr,
36 of 62
37. Virtue stops by the studio!
37 of 62
38. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
38 of 62
39. Erica Campbell and Willie
39 of 62
40. Erica Campbell and Willie
40 of 62
41. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
41 of 62
42. Demetria McKinney stops by.
42 of 62
43. Tamar Braxton and Willie
43 of 62
44. Bizzle and Willie snap a photo!
44 of 62
45. Jonathan McReynolds performs in studio!
45 of 62
46. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
46 of 62
47. Egypt Sherrod
47 of 62
48. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
48 of 62
49. Willie and Kandi!
49 of 62
50. Gail Devers
50 of 62
51. Kandi Burruss
51 of 62
52. Another snap of Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
52 of 62
53. Willie and Kandi!
53 of 62
54. Willie Moore Jr. snaps a photo with his wife and son
54 of 62
55. Kandi Burruss
55 of 62
56. Willie with gospel singer Canton Jones
56 of 62
57. Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
57 of 62
58. Willie Moore Jr. with his wife and sons Peyton and Princeton.
58 of 62
59. Marvin Sapp in studio with Willie Moore Jr.
59 of 62
60. Marvin Sapp and Willie Moore
60 of 62
61. Willie Moore and Pastor Charles Jenkins
61 of 62
62. Willie with Wess Morgan and Bishop Dale C. Bronner
62 of 62