We’re learning MORE from Bobby Brown‘s recent sit down with Us Weekly. One of the things he did was give conflicting dates about Bobbi Kristina’s passing, leading some to believe she died long before the family announced it to the public.
Brown died from lobar pneumonia on July 26, 2015, after being in a coma for nearly six months. However, according to Bobby, his daughter actually died three days before his birthday (Feb.5th), which would have been February 2, 2015.
“We do our private things to honor her,” he said. “She passed away three days before my birthday, so we definitely honor her at all times,” he said, noting that he would like for fans to remember Bobbi Kristina as someone who “was talented, beautiful and loved life.”
Bobbi Kristina was found in her bathtub, unconscious with a concoction of several drugs in her system on January 31, 2015. After doctors determined she had “significantly diminished” brain function, they placed her in a medically induced coma and told Bobby Brown that chances of her fully recovering would be “a miracle.” By February 2, 2015, it was reported that Bobbi Kristina was relocated to Emory University Hospital, she remained in a coma and on a medical ventilator. Thus, Bobby’s statement that ‘she died three days before his birthday,’ adds up.
“She was a beautiful young lady. And what she wanted to do with her life, I wish everybody could have seen,” Brown exclusively told Us Weekly of the late daughter he shared with ex-wife Whitney Houston. “Music, entertainment. She was better than me. She was better than her mother.”
After Bobbi’s passing, Brown created the non-profit organization Bobby Kristina Serenity House, which raises awareness about domestic violence and provides housing and aid to victims.
“I just think people should be aware that they have someplace to go. When you are going through bad times and you are going through being abused, Bobbi Kristina’s Serenity House is there for you,” Bobby Brown told Us. “That’s the easiest way I can say it. It’s too much. Too many women and too many men are being hurt by this disease that people have, abusing people. It’s just not right. I need to do something about it.”
Meanwhile, on March 4, Bobby will host the Celebration of Serenity Gala, which would have also been Bobbi Kristina’s 25th birthday.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- The Obamas Sign Deal With Netflix To Create Original Content Including Films, Documentaries
- Morning Minute: President Putz Tweeted What?!, Dead Husband BBQ?
- You’re Not Going To Believe What Huggy Lowdown Said About Prince Harry!
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
Remembering Bobbi Kristina Brown
1. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:Bobbi Kristina Instagram 1 of 10
2. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The Years2 of 10
3. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:PR 3 of 10
4. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:PR 4 of 10
5. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:Bobbi Kristina Instagram 5 of 10
6. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:AP 6 of 10
7. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:AP 7 of 10
8. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The Years8 of 10
9. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:AP 9 of 10
10. Bobbi Kristina Brown Through The YearsSource:Bobbi Kristina Instagram 10 of 10