Mo’Nique is not backing down from the comments she made about Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey.
Over the weekend, Mo went in on the entertainment moguls during her standup show at the Apollo Theater. In a video posted to Instagram, she accused all three of them of black balling her from Hollywood, and she capped it off by saying they could “suck [her] dick, if [she] had one.”
Most people might be rethinking their actions and walking back their words a couple days later for the sake of saving face, but not Mo’Nique.
In a chat with TMZ, Mo insisted on standing up in her truth. “Everything I say comes from my heart. I’m unapologetic about it,” Mo’Nique told TMZ.
Her husband Sidney Hicks is also standing by her words about getting black balled after Precious came out. “Lee Daniels was a part of it,” Sidney reiterated, “but Tyler Perry, Oprah Winfrey–if you remember–were a part of the production of the movie.”
In his estimation, their decision to remain quiet on rumors that Mo’Nique is a diva on the set was just as damaging to her reputation as gossiping about her.
“They stood by and they allowed the statements of her difficulty,” He added, revealing that Mo’Nique would often sit with Lee and watch playback of the day’s filming on the set while they chowed down on crab legs. “That doesn’t sound like you’re having a difficult time with someone.”
Before signing off, Mo let it be known again that she meant everything she said on stage, stating, “What I would say to Oprah, Tyler, Lee, one about me and my husband, we’re not no hiders. We’re not no runners.”
Famous Celebrity Feuds
1. Nicki Minaj & Azelea Banks1 of 21
2. Jay-Z & Trump2 of 21
3. Dionne Warwick & Aretha Franklin3 of 21
4. Kim Zolciak and Kenya Moore4 of 21
5. Keyshia Cole & Michelle Williams5 of 21
6. Rihanna & Ciara6 of 21
7. Michael Blackson & Kevin Hart7 of 21
8. Chris Brown & Drake8 of 21
9. Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj9 of 21
10. Frank Ocean and Chris Brown10 of 21
11. Paris & Janet Jackson11 of 21
12. Rihanna & Karreuche12 of 21
13. Donald Trump & Bill Maher13 of 21
14. Katt Williams & Faizon Love14 of 21
15. Sean Penn & Wyclef Jean15 of 21
16. Phaedra Parks & Kenya Moore16 of 21
17. Beyonce & Keri Hilson17 of 21
18. Tyler Perry & Spike Lee18 of 21
19. Kim Kardashian & Amber Rose19 of 21
20. Star Jones & NeNe Leakes20 of 21
21. Grace Jones & Lady Gaga21 of 21
Mo’Nique Defends Her Comments About Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry, And Oprah was originally published on hellobeautiful.com