DUBROVNIK, Croatia (AP) — Croatian police have filed disorderly conduct charges against two people who allegedly used a racial slur to insult Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx in a restaurant.
Police said they acted after receiving reports Sunday of “particularly arrogant and rude” insults made against restaurant guests, including “one of the guests on racial grounds.”
The police statement did not name Foxx as the target, but the actor briefly posted comments about the incident on his Instagram profile before deleting them.
Foxx mentioned an offensive racial term among the examples of the vulgar language used.
Police say they are investigating whether to pursue other charges against the men.
Croatia, like other European countries, has seen a rise in far-right sentiments.
Foxx was in Dubrovnik, a city on the Adriatic Sea, filming a Robin Hood remake.
Celebs Who Got in Trouble for Using the N-Word
1. 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick was fined 11k by the NFL for using the n-word on the field.Source:PR 1 of 21
2. Kentucky's Andrew Harrison called a white player from the opposing team the n-word after losing during the Final FourSource:Andrew Harrison Twitter 2 of 21
3. Justin Bieber landed in hot water after video was released of him using the n-word when he was a 14-year-old.3 of 21
4. Quentin Tarantino4 of 21
5. Charlie Sheen5 of 21
6. Eminem6 of 21
7. Dr. Laura Schlessinger7 of 21
8. Duane "dog" Chapman8 of 21
9. Nas9 of 21
10. John Mayer10 of 21
11. Jonathan Rhys Meyers11 of 21
12. Jennifer Lopez12 of 21
13. Michael Richards13 of 21
14. Paris Hilton14 of 21
15. Jay-Z15 of 21
16. Gwyneth Paltrow16 of 21
17. Guns N' Roses17 of 21
18. Paula Deen18 of 21
19. Kim Zolciak19 of 21
20. Jesse James20 of 21
21. Alec Baldwin21 of 21
(Photo Source: AP)