50 Cent put his foot in his mouth after making fun of an autistic man.
Hopefully he’s learned a very valuable lesson.
The rapper has now issued an apology after posting a video of himself making fun of an airport worker who suffers from social anxiety and mild autism, according to Page Six.
50 recorded himself going in on 19-year-old Andrew Farrell at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport, saying the contract worker seemed “high as a motherf—–” The teen appears to ignore the rapper as he continues his verbal attack. In a-hole mode, 50 later posted the clip on Twitter and Instagram, thinking it was funny.
But he soon found out it’s no laughing matter. That’s because Andrew has trouble communicating and responding because of his condition.
WKRC in Cincinnati spoke to Andrew’s family and reports that the young man was on his way to clean a gate when he was approached by the rapper, who was in town to make appearances in Ohio.
“It hurts to watch that. It’s painful,” said Andrew’s stepfather, Ken Kramer. “You come up, and you start talking to a kid you know nothing about. That’s not fair. That’s a slap in the face.”
As a result, 50 issued an official apology.
“While the incident at the airport resulted from an unfortunate misunderstanding, I am truly sorry for offending the young man,” the rapper said. “It was certainly not my intent to insult him or the disability community, which is a source of great strength in America. I have apologized personally to him and his family.”
Fiddy can also breathe a sigh of relief because Initial reports suggested the family wanted money along with an apology from 50, but an attorney for the family tells Page Six in an email that they would be satisfied by a “sincere apology.”
“The family only wants a sincere apology from Mr. Jackson,” wrote attorney Matthew J. Hammer. “The Cincinnati area loves Mr. Jackson and his work and I think it can only be mutually beneficial if he is willing to offer an apology to Andrew and his family.”
HUH?! Celebrities Say the Dumbest Things
1. Gilbert ArenasSource:AP 1 of 19
2. Kanye WestSource:AP 2 of 19
3. Matt DamonSource:PR 3 of 19
4. Naya RiveraSource:PR 4 of 19
5. Britney Spears5 of 19
6. Suge Knight6 of 19
7. Robert DeNiro7 of 19
8. Geraldo Rivera8 of 19
9. Rush Limbaugh9 of 19
10. Rashard Mendenhall on Osama Bin Laden:10 of 19
11. CeeLo Green11 of 19
12. Alec Baldwin12 of 19
13. Mitt Romney13 of 19
14. Kirk Cameron offended the gay community.14 of 19
15. Jamie Foxx made fun of Miley Cyrus on his radio show.15 of 19
16. Isaiah Washington offended a colleague as well as the gay community.16 of 19
17. Chris Brown used homophobic slurs and he just offends everyone.17 of 19
18. Tracy Morgan went a little crazy with his anti-gay rants.18 of 19
19. Mel Gibson deserves a dishonorable mention! He ain't prejudice, he hates everybody!19 of 19
(Photo Source: AP)