Is this how it’s going down in the Black barbershops of America? For the second time this year, a barbershop story is making the news. First there was a robbery attempt at a South Carolina barbershop that was foiled by an armed barber and a customer. Now, there’s this story of a woman in San Diego, who after leaving her barber a big tip, returns to the shop with a gun and tries to shoot him because she said she no longer liked the haircut.

WKBW reports:

A woman unhappy with her haircut tried to open fire on the stylist who cut her hair, but he escaped unharmed after her weapon jammed, police said.

According to San Diego police, 29-year-old Adrian Blanche Swain received a haircut Wednesday morning at a hair salon in the 3900 block of 30th Street in North Park.

However, police said Swain returned to the business a few hours later to complain about the end result.

Swain tried to open fire at the stylist with a pistol — pulling the trigger three times — but police said the “gun had bullets but malfunctioned.”

“619 Barber Shop has been in business for 20-plus years here in North Park, we’ve never had any incident like that,” barber Chris Tatum said. “When she came in she seemed to be a very pleasant young lady.”

A barber named Manny cut her hair, Tatum said.

“Kind of like the Rihanna haircut,” barber Joe Cooper said.

Rihanna’s Mohawk cut, he said, with the sides short, not shaved.

“Easy haircut to do, to be honest,” Cooper said.

Once the gun jammed, the men in the shop were able to disarm Swain who was arrested. Police found razors inside her car, as once she left the shop, she’d shaved off all of her hair. Swain will be charged with attempted murder.

(Photo used is not the shop the attempted shooting took place in)

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

21 thoughts on “Angry Customer Tries To Shoot Barber After Haircut She Doesn’t Like [VIDEO]

1. I feel her pain. I grew my hair out for a full two years, because I wanted to wear a bigger “fro. I looked for a good amount of time before I finally settled on this one barber, because of reviews and after watching him work for few months. When I approached him, I told him about getting a bad cut two years prior from another barber and he assured me that he was one of the few black barbers that knew how to shape a large ‘fro. When he finished and handed me the mirror, I just had to keep saying to myself, just walk out of the door. Don’t speak, don’t cuss, don’t cry, just walk. Which is exactly what I did. It was so bad, I couldn’t even go to work the next day. I had to got to another shop and get it cut down almost to half the size because he chopped me up so bad. It was so bad, he didn’t even say anything when I left without paying him. It just boggles the mind that you can’t find a black barber that can shape an afro.

• Instead of just admitting that he didn’t have the skills necessary to give me the cut I asked for, he decided to use my hair to test his skills. And keep in mind, this was the second time leaving a barber shop looking like someone had cut my ‘fro with a weed wacker. But damn! Murder? Naaaa. Now I just pick it out and let it blow in the wind.

2. I had a bad haircut in the past. Never thought to get a gun and attempt to kill anyone. Anyone that agrees that what this lady did was right is just as messed up as she is!

3. specialt757 on said:

Kimboo
    “…or peoples emotional or mental ability to reason, comprehend and communicate their thoughts…”
    And to take it a bit further, it’s also about people having an “it’s all about me” attitude. While I realize (in this case) a haircut is a personal statement for an individual, the world doesn’t revolve around you and people on the outside looking in won’t even know you don’t like the haircut unless you tell them. They will compliment or they won’t and really, no one cares.

4. STOPTHEKILLINGS on said:

THEY SAY SHE LIKED THE CUT AT FIRST, THEN GOES OUT AND CUTS THE HAIR OFF. SHE IS OFF HER MEDS. THIS IS WHY NOT EVERYONE NEEDS OR SHOULD CARRY A GUN. YOU ACT ON IMPULSE AND PEOPLE CAN END UP DEAD. SAYING YOU ARE SORRY WILL NOT BRING THEM BACK. GUN LAWS ARE NEEDED. THIS CRAZY HEIFER IS A GOOD COMMERICAL OF WHY GUN LAWS ARE NEEDED.

• specialt757 on said:

My thoughts exactly, everyone should not be allowed to carry a gun. Legally, or and especially illegally, which in that case doesn’t matter.
      I remember a long long long time ago, a relative dated this fool. They were at a gas station and this fool had a gun in his glove box, no doubt obtained illegally, another person at the station said something to him or looked at him funny and this nut case pulled his gun. This could have very well ended in another senseless death.
      Here’s the funny thing, that I’ve always been told, if you pull it you better be prepared to use it. But no big, bad, and stupid just pulled it and got sentenced just for showing it. While I’m glad no lives were lost, but the mental instability of folks is DEADLY.

• Timothy Green on said:

Uhmmm Angelo, someone walks up to you pulls out a loaded gun, points it directly at your head or chest & squeezes the trigger, what are they clearly intent on doing?? … Her dumbass put herself in this situation … In all reality though theres a very likely chance she’ll plead guilty to a lesser charge

• specialt757 on said:

Yep, it’s just you. Pointing a deadly weapon at someone and pulling the trigger implies attempt to kill. A “higher being” was looking out for the both of them, murder would have been a harsher charge.

• Yeah….she should be arrested for attempted murder, with no possibility of parole! Over a hair cut!!! It’s HAIR, not brain surgery. Like one of the comments stated… we don’t have a gun problem, we have a violence problem, which is the means that people are taking to solve small problems. You can’t pull out a gun every time someone pisses you off? or you don’t agree? Please, let’s get it right people… Is it really a gun problem, or peoples emotional or mental ability to reason, comprehend and communicate their thoughts clearly???

5. Timothy Green on said:

Please just take his stupid bitch out back & put a 40 cal round in the back of her skull, since she wants to behave like an animal, put her ignorant ass down like one!!!! … Attempting to kill your hairstylist because she was unhappy with the results!?!? There’s no helping a bitch this ignorant im sorry, hair grows back if she if that gun hadnt jammed this barber would like be dead or have very serious injuries

6. Angry client on said:

How about maybe these barbers and hairstylists need to do a better job and start listening to what their clients want and NOT how they want the style to look. How about that??