A fragrance company is suing Jay Z over allegations that he didn’t do nearly enough to promote his line of cologne with the company.
Parlux Fragrances says it made a licensing agreement to use his name and image for the brand Gold Jay Z in 2013. Parlux says Jay was supposed to promote the brand on his social media and through appearances, but he declined. The company says he refused to push the product on “Good Morning America” at Macy’s and in Women’s Wear Daily, according to TMZ.
The deal also called for a line of follow-up fragrances that Jay helped develop, but according to the lawsuit, he dodged meetings and the new colognes never materialized.
Parlux says it expected to make roughly $50 million over 2 years, but instead the whole deal has caused a loss in revenue and stores are
returning unsold inventory.
Jay’s former perfume partners want damages of at least $18 million.
Pending Celebrity Lawsuits
1. 50 CentSource:Instagram 1 of 15
2. Chris BrownSource:Instagram 2 of 15
3. A$AP RockySource:Instagram 3 of 15
4. Young MoneySource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, French Montana, Meek MillSource:AP 5 of 15
6. Kendrick LamarSource:AP 6 of 15
7. Suge KnightSource:AP 7 of 15
8. Rick RossSource:Instagram 8 of 15
9. The GameSource:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Damon Dash and Kanye WestSource:AP 10 of 15
11. DrakeSource:Instagram 11 of 15
12. DJ KahledSource:PR 12 of 15
13. TygaSource:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Snoop DoggSource:AP 14 of 15
15. EminemSource:AP 15 of 15
(Photo Source: AP)