50 Cent always has something to say about Empire, FOX’s hit drama that’s been running the ratings game since its inception. Unfortunately, the show’s suffered its first slip after last Wednesday’s episode, bringing in 13.7 million viewers. That’s an 18 percent drop over the season two premiere. Fifty is saying it’s all due to “too many celebrity cameos and too many ‘gay’ plots.”

According to BET, the Animal Ambition rapper posted his opinions to his Instagram page (he has since deleted the posts), saying: “There are 3 million less viewers who tuned into last night’s Empire episode!!!! did you watch it?” it read. “We could not take the extra gay stuff or celebrity stuff last night!!!!”

Curtis also recently responded to Cookie’s (Taraji P. Henson) jab on Empire, where she called him “thirsty.”

We can’t say we disagree with Cookie on the thirsty front, because 50 just can’t seem to keep the show out of his mouth. We have to wonder what else he possibly has left to say about it.

Celebrities from New York

SOURCE: BET | PHOTO CREDIT: AP

50 Cent Blames ‘Empire’ Ratings Drop On ‘Extra Gay’ Plots was originally published on globalgrind.com

20 thoughts on “50 Cent Blames ‘Empire’ Ratings Drop On ‘Extra Gay’ Plots

1. Stopped watching it when he sung that song with the lyrics “make a man love a man” that was enough for me. Don’t watch Scandal either and that doesn’t make me homophobic.

2. Unfortunately I have to agree with 50 on this. I like empire but I think the producer thinks because he is gay he needs to use his power to flaunt it. It’s just too much

• bailey on said:

I agree with 50 cent! I didn’t even finish watching that episode and I am done with that show! Lee Daniels is talented but his talent has nothing to do with being gay…he needs to stop using his talent to shove his agenda down everyone else s throat!

3. Addyourcomment on said:

Although I personally think that Empire is terrible, it really stinks that 50 wants so badly for the show to fail. What happened to black empowerment? Yes 50, your show may not be getting as much press, but at least be happy that one of the biggest shows on TV consists of solely black actors!!!!!

4. charline on said:

Tom I agree with 50, that was not why I tuned in to Empire. Iam looking for good on the edge of your seat entertainment. If I wanted gay sex I would have tuned in to something else

5. Freeda on said:

Now people are beginning to see the show for what it is. The hype is dying down. Taraji, your incredible talent deserves a better opportunity. Hopefully those doors will open wide for you.

6. Karen Day on said:

too many cameos I agree, the plots are all over the place with some not mentioned or finished. cookie’s character is toooo animated and she’s like that in real life now also. some ppl just can’t handle all the fame, they change mentally. Taraji actually thought she was going to win the Emmy
    over How To Get Away With Murderrrrr.

7. deho50 on said:

NO homophobic…I don’t care what people do, but I don'[t have to SEE it ALL the time…I’m going to watch a little more, but if I keep seeing things I don’t want to see, I’ll just stop watching…

• specialt757 on said:

My thoughts exactly. Same goes for Scandal and HTGAWM, the scenes are not necessary to have a good story line, I will simply exercise my right to choose not to tune in.
      homophobic: made up word to keep one from saying anything against gays.

8. I agree with what he said. Why do you have to be homophobic to call things as you see them? People can’t even have an opinion anymore.

9. Not gonna lie-I fall asleep on the mofo SOON AS the gat sit appear. Gonna watch this week but if they keep that sit up-as they say on Shark Tank-for THAT REASON – I’m Out!

10. JamesTAllen on said:

..0nline business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great m0ney.!!,It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy,,,go to this site home taℬ For more detail>>>>> TipThesite