Here’s the recipe for an incredible spaghetti squash casserole with ricotta and spinach that is only 250 calories per serving (2.5 inch squares)!
- 1 3-pound spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (1/2 pound)
- kosher salt and black pepper
Heat oven to 400° F. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cut sides with the oil, place cut-side down, and roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
With a fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18 to 22 minutes.
For more recipes that are finger licking good, click here.