Face steaming is safe, easy and effective! It’s great when you need to do some deep skin cleansing, as it opens up the pores while stimulating blood circulation.
Benefits of facial steaming include:
- Releases impurities and toxins from the skin
- Helps loosen up white and blackheads
- Reduces acne
- Opens up sinuses
- Glowing skin
How To Steam At Home
- ½ cup of favorite fresh herbs like mint, basil, chamomile, rosemary, sage, lavender, peppermint, thyme, etc. (I particularly like tea tree oil for its healing and antibacterial properties)
- Tie your hair back with headband or hair tie and wash your face with a mild cleanser.
- Take large pot and boil some water in it.
- Lower the flame and add in fresh herbs or essential oil.
- Let the herbs/oil steep in boiled water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the water from the flame and carefully set aside on the table.
- Lean over the water and drape a towel so that it covers your head and the pot.
- For 5 to 7 minutes, deeply breathe and relax until steam dissipates.
- Rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.
- Moisturize face immediately afterwards
Also On Black America Web: