CNN anchor Erin Burnett is being roasted on black Twitter after she referred to members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. as “gang members.”

In the midst of the Baltimore uprising, the Bloods and Crips announced they had put aside their differences for the greater good and joined efforts to heal the community. They were due to attend a town hall meeting, where CNN had set up shop.

As their camera panned the audience before the meeting began, three rows of Zeta Phi Beta sorority members were shown. Apparently, Burnett saw the sorority’s blue and white colors ad assumed they were Crips.

“You’ve got the gang members right there,” she said.

Watch the clip here.

Our Favorite Celebrity Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Images From Baltimore: #FreddieGray

(Photo Source: Ramzster Instagram)

21 thoughts on “CNN’s Erin Burnett Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority for ‘Gang Members’ (Watch)

1. psnthersdec on said:

She said they are going to e a lot of ANGER at the meeting all hyped and everything. I am still ROTFLMAO because they are mad because they haven’t seen President Obama angry enough, he has been toooooo nice. I never thought I would see the day when white folks are mad because a black man isn’t angry enough.

2. Doris on said:

“You’ve got the gang members right there,” she said.

Sounds like she called them gang members to me???? “and we all look alike”

3. bic on said:

They can’t help themselves. It was bred into them by their parents. (Racism) and they’ll breed it into their children as well. The cycle continues.

4. Spring Turner on said:

CNN has been getting things wrong for a long time now! She is just another example of their poor selection of staff.

5. Parker on said:

Good thing any Deltas didn’t show up for support, she would’ve said there was a gang war right inside the town hall and demanded arrests be made.

6. demp109 on said:

I have heard her interview people and cringe at the stupid questions she asks. I have always wondered how she got the job. She is awful!

7. They only see black. You can work with them every day and in the work environment they see you, but step outside of it and pass them on the street. They don’t see you.

• pac4me on said:

Oh – please trust and believe that they indeed do see us – at work they are being socially pleasant – outside of work I don’t have to acknowledge you and I won’t!

8. Timekeeeper on said:

There is a huge misconception in this country that it is only “white males” who are prejudiced. There are just as many white women who harbor those same, ignorant and bigoted perceptions as well.

• Guest on said:

Thought I was the only one that saw that. Ninjas quick to throw the race card. I don’t see it in that small clip.