Garcelle Beauvais is speaking out about the downward spiral of her second marriage that took place following her five season run on “The Jamie Foxx Show.”
From 1996 to 2001, Beauvais played Foxx’s love interest, Fancy. She tells “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” in the below video, “I think the reason why I got the job was because I wasn’t really competing to be funnier than he was,” she says. “The show was about him, and I had to just support him.”
The actress had divorced her first husband, producer Daniel Saunders, with whom she has a son. For her child’s sake, Beauvais says she vowed to be very selective in whom she would date from that point on.
“I really wanted to be careful and choose wisely on the man that I would bring home to my son,” she says.
So, when Beauvais met talent agent Mike Nilon, she thought she had finally found the perfect mate. They two married in 2001, and welcomed twin boys six years later.
“I thought that I had won the lotto in husbands,” Beauvais says.
However, after almost nine years of marriage, Beauvais’ world was turned upside down. That’s when she says she discovered that Nilon had been cheating on her. The moment Beauvais made this discovery, she adds, is when she stumbled upon a text message on her husband’s phone.
“I forgot my phone at home. I said, ‘Hey, can I use your phone to call your mom?’ So, I went to go make the call and I saw, ‘I love you’ [on the phone],” Beauvais says. “I looked again, and I said, ‘What’s this?’ That’s pretty much how everything changed.”
That night, an angry and hurt Beauvais sent an email to her husband’s coworkers, accusing him of having a five-year affair. The email was leaked to The New York Post, where it was printed word for word. For Beauvais, the accusation being made public added another painful layer to the experience.
“When I actually looked and realized it had been leaked, I was sobbing, sobbing,” she says. “It’s embarrassing. At the same time, you’re in pain. It was another part of the devastation, honestly.”
In an effort to heal, Beauvais began going to therapy and seeing a life coach.
“I did all the things that they say you should do, because I didn’t want my adult drama to affect my kids,” she says tearfully. “I couldn’t have moved on and been a good parent and co-parent with him if I didn’t do those things. We’re doing the best we can for those boys. They deserve it.”
Celebs Caught Creepin'
1. Amber Rose & Wiz KhalifaSource:PR Photos 1 of 32
2. Chris Brown & KarruecheSource:Instagram 2 of 32
3. Future & CiaraSource:Instagram 3 of 32
4. D-Wade & Gabrielle Union4 of 32
5. Ludacris & Eudoxie5 of 32
6. Tina Campbell & Teddy6 of 32
7. Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom7 of 32
8. Tina & Mathew Knowles8 of 32
9. Joe Budden & Tahiry9 of 32
10. Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver10 of 32
11. Tiki Barber & Traci Lynn Johnson11 of 32
12. Jesse James & Sandra Bullock12 of 32
13. Eddie Cibrian & LeAnn Rimes13 of 32
14. Paula Patton & Robin Thicke14 of 32
15. The Dream15 of 32
16. Tiger Woods & Elin16 of 32
17. Josh & Fergie17 of 32
18. Tameka & Usher18 of 32
19. Chili19 of 32
20. Ashton & Demi20 of 32
21. Eric Benet & Halle Berry21 of 32
22. Kim Porter22 of 32
23. J Lo & Cris Judd23 of 32
24. Dayanara Torres, Marc Anthony & J Lo24 of 32
25. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria25 of 32
26. Kobe & Vanessa Bryant26 of 32
27. Shar Jackson27 of 32
28. Gracelle Beauvais28 of 32
29. Ev & Ocho29 of 32
30. Brad, Angie & Jen30 of 32
31. Fantasia & Antwaun31 of 32
32. Swizz Beatz & Alicia Keys32 of 32
(Photo Source: YouTube Screenshot)