Robin Thicke’s new album, “Paula,” dedicated to his estranged wife Paula Patton doesn’t seem to be doing that well in its first week.
Billboard predicts the album’s first week sales and they aren’t nearly as high as “Blurred Lines.”
The album is expected to pull in 20,000 to 25,000 units in its first week.
“Blurred Lines” produced the number one hit of the same name and 177,000 copies in its first week — debuting at number one.
But if “Paula” only actually sells 20,000 copies, it would be his lowest selling album since “The Evolution of Robin Thicke,” which sold 20,000 copies in its first week as well.
Nevertheless, “Paula” is still expected to debut within the top 10 on the Billboard 200. His last five albums debuted in the top 10 as well.
Thicke’s biggest competition is Trey Songz‘s new album, “Trigga” — expected to take the number one spot with 90,000 to 100,000 copies in its first week.
Maybe fans aren’t feeling Thicke’s crooning and pleading musically over Patton.
The album will feature his single, “Get Her Back,” which hasn’t cracked the top 40 — peaking at 82.
Thicke dedicated his new album to his wife Patton who he hasn’t seen in four months. And has even used cute kids to try and woe her back — with his music video for “Still Madly Crazy.”
But none of the pleading seems to be working. Thicke and Patton are still separated. Maybe he’s doing too much and maybe it’ll hurt his marriage and career — to plead too hard and too much.
Paula & Robin: When Things Were Good
1. Paula Patton and Robin Thicke met while in high school and fell in love.1 of 18
2. Paula attended the University of Southern California Film School and Robin hoping for a career in the music industry wrote songs for other musicians.2 of 18
3. Paula auditioned for movie roles and Robin released his first album in 2002.3 of 18
4. 2005 was a very memorable year for the two. They got married, Paula nabbed a small role in the film Hitch (Mandy) and Robin released his critically acclaimed album The Evolution of Robin Thicke.4 of 18
5. Paula's career got even brighter when she starred in Idlewild with OutKast and Deja Vu with Denzel Washington in 2006.5 of 18
6. Robin was invited to visit the Oprah Winfrey show in 2006.6 of 18
7. Paula appeared in Robin's 'Lost Without You' video in 2006 and we all turned green with envy.7 of 18
8. In 2007, the success of Robin's CD found these two lovebirds at the Soul Train Music Awards.8 of 18
9. The adorable couple had been together a decade when Robin shared the secret of their strong relationship during an interview with Essence. He said "You have to respect that person, and that way you’ll listen to them and you’ll care about what they’re saying."9 of 18
10. Paula starred in the award winning film Precious and Robin wrote and produced a track for the movie.10 of 18
11. The teenage lovebirds are now considered a Hollywood power couple.11 of 18
12. Paula and Robin welcomed a baby boy, Julian, in 2010. Both are delighted to be parents.12 of 18
13. Paula and Robin at the premiere 'Baggage Claim' in which she had the lead role.13 of 18
14. They appeared on the cover of Hong Kong Prestige magazine in 2013: Two Hot - Sexy Showbiz SuperCouple Robin Thicke & Paula Patton. The magazine also featured a photo spread and an interview.14 of 18
15. Robin achieved international fame in 2013 with the release of 'Blurred Lines' which was a worldwide hit and was considered as the summer's anthem.15 of 18
16. Paula is currently filming the movie 'Warcraft' that is set for release in 2016. According to reports, she called Robin while on location stating she wanted a divorce.16 of 18
17. A family pic of Paula, Robin and son Julian on a trip to the pumpkin patch.17 of 18
18. After nearly two decades together, they announced their split. Robin has vowed to win back his beautiful wife. You know he's going to miss all this.18 of 18
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: Instagram)