For everyone who says our President doesn’t do anything for Black people, this new initiative will prove you wrong.
According to the Washington Post, Mr. Obama will introduce a new program titled “My Brother’s Keeper” on Thursday to help the lives of young men of color. The initiative will bring “foundations and companies together to test a range of strategies to support such young men, taking steps to keep them in school and out of the criminal justice system,” reports a White House official.
The rep went on to say that “MBK” will seek “to make sure that every young man of color who is willing to work hard and lift himself up has an opportunity to get ahead and reach his full potential…The initiative will be focused on implementing strategies that are proven to get results.”
The project will consist of two main parts:
First, the official said, businesses and foundations will join together to test strategies aimed at “making sure children arrive at school ready to learn and reducing negative interactions with the criminal justice system.”
Second, Obama will launch an internal administration effort to more rigorously evaluate what programs work best at helping young minority males. The Education and Justice departments, for example, recently updated guidelines provided to school districts on the most effective disciplinary policies.
President Obama promised to launch a project focused on young minority men during his State of the Union address last month, and it looks like he stayed true to his word!
Keep Up With The D.L. Hughley Show On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
11 Pieces Of Life Advice From Celebrity Youth You Should Never Take
1. DO NOT TAKE LIFE ADVICE FROM HOLLYWOOD'S YOUTH!1 of 10
2. Advice #1: Drop Out Of School Because It's Brainwashing You2 of 10
3. Jaden Smith Should Take His Own Advice3 of 10
4. Advice #3: Randomly Choose Not To Use Your Own Legs4 of 10
5. Advice #5: Don't Move Forward In Your Career5 of 10
6. Advice #7: Get As Many Stamps On Your Passport As Possible Before Puberty6 of 10
7. Advice #8: Live Recklessly7 of 10
8. Advice #9: Launch Your Career With An Adult Film8 of 10
9. Advice #10: Be A No Call/No Show At Work9 of 10
10. Advice #11: Get Pregnant In Your Teens & Get A Show!10 of 10
President Obama Launches New Initiative To Help Young Minority Men was originally published on hellobeautiful.com