Mariah Carey uploaded a 25-second teaser of her new song “Beautiful,” a collabo with R&B crooner Miguel.
The clip begins with the crackling sound of the needle dropping on vinyl and an image of a silver butterfly as a hypnotic, bluesy guitar riff plays behind a shot of Carey’s hair blowing around her face.
The track briefly rewinds and the guitar plays again as Carey laughs, “Mariah” flashes on the screen and a split-second shot of Miguel appears in a mirror. The guitar loop continues as we see what appears to be the track’s title, “#Beautiful,” followed by the words “The New Era Begins” and the release date, May 6.
The final image is of a woman’s leg dangling over a motorcycle and kicking off a red-bottom shoe accompanied by more laughter and Carey’s MC logo.
The song would be the first new effort from Carey since “Almost Home,” which appeared on the “Great and Powerful Oz” soundtrack. According to MTV.com, she’s been working on her first studio album of non-holiday songs since 2009′s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel” with a number of major producers, including Hit-Boy, The-Dream, Rodney Jerkins and Jermaine Dupri.
Watch to the “Beautiful” tease below.
Memorable Musical Collaborations of YesterYear
1. Luther Vandross & Beyonce1 of 17
2. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell2 of 17
3. Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway3 of 17
4. Billy Preston & Syreeta Wright4 of 17
5. Donna Summer & Barbara Streisand5 of 17
6. Lionel Richie & Diana Ross6 of 17
7. Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder7 of 17
8. Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney8 of 17
9. Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald9 of 17
10. Run DMC & Aerosmith10 of 17
11. James Ingram & Linda Ronstadt11 of 17
12. Ray Charles & Billy Joel12 of 17
13. Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff13 of 17
14. Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt14 of 17
15. Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men15 of 17
16. Monica & Brandy16 of 17
17. Lauryn Hill & Aretha Franklin17 of 17