HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut school shooting has claimed his son’s body.
A spokesman for the family said Monday that Peter Lanza claimed the remains of Adam Lanza. He didn’t say when the remains were claimed.
The 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.
A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.
Peter Lanza lives in Stamford, Conn., and is a tax director at General Electric.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
We Pray for the Victims of the Conn. School Shooting
1. Connecticut School Shooting1 of 11
2. Connecticut School Shooting2 of 11
3. Connecticut School Shooting3 of 11
4. Connecticut School Shooting4 of 11
5. Connecticut School Shooting5 of 11
6. Connecticut School Shooting6 of 11
7. Connecticut School Shooting7 of 11
8. Connecticut School Shooting8 of 11
9. Connecticut School Shooting9 of 11
10. Connecticut School Shooting10 of 11
11. Connecticut School Shooting11 of 11