Good grief, are we talkin’ the NBA or the National Football League.
Well, the way some players (Stephen Jackson, Serge Ibaka) in the National Basketball Association are playing and reacting, they might wanna consider the NFL.
Specifically, Jackson of the San Antonio Spurs was fined $25,000 by the NBA Sunday for a “hostile statement” he sent to the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Ibaka over Twitter.
Ibaka got tangled up with Metta World Peace of the Los Angeles Lakers during a game on Friday, which earned both players technical fouls. Jackson took to Twitter to defend World Peace, a friend and former teammate.
“Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That’s a promise. He doin 2 much,” he tweeted.
Jackson later deleted the message and apologized for his remark.
“I apologize to Serge Ibaka, the NBA, and to all my fans for the comments I made,” Jackson tweeted. “It was unprofessional and childish. I’m not a thug just a man who speaks his mind. It was not appropriate. I do apologize. Only a man can admit when he’s wrong.”
Celebrity Social Media Troubles
1. Beyonce was at the center of an Instagram uproar when she posed provocatively in front of a picture of The Last Supper.1 of 27
2. Snoop Dogg caught backlash when he uploaded a picture of him smoking marijuana with his teenage son.2 of 27
3. After pop singer Rita Ora broke up with Rob Kardashian, he implied that she slept with over 20 guys on Twitter.3 of 27
4. Gospel singer Erica Campbell found herself in the middle of a social media uproar over a skin-tight white dress she wore on her album cover.4 of 27
5. Floyd Mayweather posted pictures of his ex girlfriend's abortion paperwork on Instagram.5 of 27
6. Shaq was found making fun of a disabled man on Instagram. The man eventually created an anti-bullying program as a result.6 of 27
7. 13-year-old Willow Smith was the subject of criticism when she was spotted on Instagram with a shirtless 20 year old man7 of 27
8. Donald Sterling lost ownership of the LA Clippers from making racist comments that stemmed from a photo of his girlfriend and a black player on Instagram8 of 27
9. Kobe Bryant caught backlash over controversial tweets about Trayvon Martin and race.9 of 27
10. Nick Cannon caught tons of backlash when he uploaded a photo of him wearing whiteface on Instagram.10 of 27
11. Ochocinco was fined $25K for tweeting during a pre-season game.11 of 27
12. Mark Cuban was fined $25K after publicly criticizing the referees after the Nuggets beat the Mavericks.12 of 27
13. Al Roker tweeted a photo from a jury duty he served exposing other jurors' identities.13 of 27
14. 50 Cent sent cryptic messages on Twitter about ending his life.14 of 27
15. Rihanna had her Instagram account deleted after uploading a magazine cover where she appeared topless.15 of 27
16. Teyana Taylor lost her Adidas deal after making a picture of a battered Rihanna her profile picture during a Twitter spat with the singer.16 of 27
17. Roland Martin got in trouble with GLADD and was suspended from CNN.17 of 27
18. Ciara and Rihanna had a Twitter spat but have since made up.18 of 27
19. Chris Brown on GMA tweeted "I'm so over people bringing this s**t up!!!"19 of 27
20. Lady Gaga upset the National Eating Disorder Asso. with the hashtag PopSingersD20 of 27
21. Spike Lee tweeted the wrong address for George Zimmerman.21 of 27
22. Ashton Kutcher's ill-advised Joe Paterno tweet22 of 27
23. Kanye tweeted his opinion on women who use pregnancy as a money making scheme23 of 27
24. Gilbert Gottfried was dropped by Aflac for tasteless Tsunami jokes.24 of 27
25. Justin Bieber pretended to tweet his own number and causing trouble for a couple25 of 27
26. Rashard Mendenhall he tweeted his objection to folks celebrating Osama's death.26 of 27
27. Courtney Love accused a former Nirvana drummer of seducing her daughter.27 of 27
(Photo Credit: EURweb)