Erick Pittman is putting her love life in the hands of Bravo viewers on “The Singles Project,” and she’s excited to see what’s going to happen.
The idea of letting a bunch of strangers (not all of whom may have your best interest at heart) direct you dating might scare the crap out of most people. Ericka is not most people.
As the VP of Business Development for Combs Wine and Spirits, the self-proclaimed Brooklyn Barbie is constantly on the go. Somehow, she still finds time to volunteer with Dress For Success and attend some of the hottest parties in the Hamptons, Lake Como and all points in between. The intimate details of a life like hers are usually very quiet, but Ericka thought it might be time to try something new.
“I am normally a really private person in my personal life,” Ericka told #TeamBeautiful. “I thought that if try to I do something radically, outrageously different, something radically, outrageously different would happen in my life.”
Ericka, like many singles, has tried a bunch of different methods to find Mr. Right. So far, her search has come up with no lasting contenders for her heart. “History is an indicator. Dating, for me, has not been very successful in terms of marriage and long-term commitment,” she shared, adding that she’s come close a couple of times. “I’ve had great relationships throughout the years, but none that resulted in the love of my life.”
With her involvement on Bravo’s innovative dating show, she’s mingling in a whole new way. However, could she be coming across any familiar faces in her New York dating adventures. The city is only so big.
“I’m actually en route a real date right now,” Ericka said with a giggle. She wouldn’t tell us who she was going out with, but she did hint that she’s already acquainted with the guy. “It’s first date, so that’s exciting! I met him briefly, so I know who he is. It’s not a blind date, so that’s exciting.”
Hmmm…”The Singles Project” viewers will just have to wait and see who Ericka’s mystery date turns out to be when the show airs August 26 at 10 p.m. on Bravo. Whoever, he is, Ericka’s not putting a lot of pressure and expectations on the date. She’s looking to have fun and maybe meet the man of her dreams. If that doesn’t happen, at least she’ll have had a great time!
“I’m not much of a hoper. I don’t do a lot of hoping. I like to kind of create the life that I want,” she explained. “I’m just open to the process, so whatever comes of it, it comes of it.”
She concluded, “Maybe we’ll date; maybe we’ll just be friends; maybe we’ll be business colleagues. Maybe he’ll be a good catch for one of my friends.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25