Erick Pittman is putting her love life in the hands of Bravo viewers on “The Singles Project,” and she’s excited to see what’s going to happen.
The idea of letting a bunch of strangers (not all of whom may have your best interest at heart) direct you dating might scare the crap out of most people. Ericka is not most people.
As the VP of Business Development for Combs Wine and Spirits, the self-proclaimed Brooklyn Barbie is constantly on the go. Somehow, she still finds time to volunteer with Dress For Success and attend some of the hottest parties in the Hamptons, Lake Como and all points in between. The intimate details of a life like hers are usually very quiet, but Ericka thought it might be time to try something new.
“I am normally a really private person in my personal life,” Ericka told #TeamBeautiful. “I thought that if try to I do something radically, outrageously different, something radically, outrageously different would happen in my life.”
Ericka, like many singles, has tried a bunch of different methods to find Mr. Right. So far, her search has come up with no lasting contenders for her heart. “History is an indicator. Dating, for me, has not been very successful in terms of marriage and long-term commitment,” she shared, adding that she’s come close a couple of times. “I’ve had great relationships throughout the years, but none that resulted in the love of my life.”
With her involvement on Bravo’s innovative dating show, she’s mingling in a whole new way. However, could she be coming across any familiar faces in her New York dating adventures. The city is only so big.
“I’m actually en route a real date right now,” Ericka said with a giggle. She wouldn’t tell us who she was going out with, but she did hint that she’s already acquainted with the guy. “It’s first date, so that’s exciting! I met him briefly, so I know who he is. It’s not a blind date, so that’s exciting.”
Hmmm…”The Singles Project” viewers will just have to wait and see who Ericka’s mystery date turns out to be when the show airs August 26 at 10 p.m. on Bravo. Whoever, he is, Ericka’s not putting a lot of pressure and expectations on the date. She’s looking to have fun and maybe meet the man of her dreams. If that doesn’t happen, at least she’ll have had a great time!
“I’m not much of a hoper. I don’t do a lot of hoping. I like to kind of create the life that I want,” she explained. “I’m just open to the process, so whatever comes of it, it comes of it.”
She concluded, “Maybe we’ll date; maybe we’ll just be friends; maybe we’ll be business colleagues. Maybe he’ll be a good catch for one of my friends.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31