According to TMZ, Malia Obama went to a famous L.A. restaurant Monday night. It was a restaurant regularly frequented by celebs and paparazzi and when the White House found out a photog took her pic they were very upset to say the least.
The 16-year-old daughter of President Barack and Michelle Obama went to Gjelina in Venice, CA with some friends and a photog snapped some pics as Malia and her buddies walked out of the eatery.
The pap then sent the pics to the AKM-GSI agency to sell. The agency posted the pic on its website for media outlets to purchase, but several hours later The First Lady’s Office called AKM-GSI and asked them to please take the pics off the website and delete them from their files.
TMZ says they were told that Michelle Obama‘s people told the agency they had promises from various media outlets not to photograph the 2 girls when they were not in the presence of their father.
AKM-GSI then agreed, sending an email to the media with the subject, “URGENT SET KILL NOTICE.”
The text reads,
“Please delete the set of Malia Obama from your archive. The set was sent around earlier today. We cannot distribute this set.”
Malia has been in L.A. over the last few weeks, doing an internship on Halle Berry’s TV show for part of the time.
This isn’t about a spoiled Hollywood starlet’s child living a life of excess in front of everyone’s face…this is a child who is two years from leaving the nest and is trying to learn some adult responsibility. The Obama’s must be beside themselves allowing her to go to LA without them but it was probably a good look for her growth wise.
Whether the paps like it or not they should back off of the President’s kids! What the paps need to realize is this…The President Of The United States and his family are constantly being threatened. And we mean like serious death threats from citizens of this country let alone from people around the world. Taking that child’s picture and giving her whereabouts is horrible! What if something happened because of it? What would the photogs say then…sorry? That doesn’t cut it!
We understand that they are just trying to make a living and trust us we totally get that. But there is a human line that has to be drawn in the sand sometimes. The White House was not wrong to protect Malia and if people are being honest…they would do the same for their own kids or loved ones.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25