Jesse Jackson Sr., called in and talked about the mental state of his incarcerated son, Jesse Jackson, Jr. The former Congressman entered federal prison in North Carolina last October and has since been transferred to a prison in Montgomery.
Pending good behavior, the 49 year old may be able to leave prison earlier than his original release date of December 31, 2015. He would then spend an undisclosed amount of time in a halfway house or home detention center.
Read the entire interview below:
TOM JOYNER: Reverend Jesse Jackson, how was your Easter Sunday?
JESSE JACKSON: Well, it was Resurrection Sunday, I visited my son yesterday.
TOM JOYNER: How is he doing?
SYBIL WILKES: How is he doing?
JESSE JACKSON: He’s getting stronger and better and he’s writing and teaching.
TOM JOYNER: He’s in Montgomery?
JESSE JACKSON: In Montgomery, I think Maxwell Airforce Base. But do let me say that it was a sad day, I offer condolences to the family of Rubin Hurricane Carter, a champion in the ring, racially profiled, sentenced to die, stayed in jail 20 years and survived it. He never let his spirit break. There was a big protest to free Hurricane. Bob Dylan wrote a song about his time in jail and there was a movie done by Denzel Washington about Hurricane Carter. He was a champion in the ring and a hero outside the ring. A champion, when they win, they ride the peoples’ shoulders, but he rose, people rose and rode his shoulder. He knocked folk down in the ring, he saved so many lives; many people owe a debt to Hurricane Carter. So we offer real condolences to his family. I talked to them yesterday in Toronto, Canada. Let me announce quickly that all high school seniors and college students should come across the stage with the diploma in one hand and a voter card in one hand and sign up for healthcare. Demand the right to vote, and the right to expanded healthcare. Do not let them nullify your access to affordable healthcare just because there’s right wings governors who want to take away the right to vote, but to fight back, for students to have the right to healthcare. We have to fight more.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30