Jesse Jackson Sr., called in and talked about the mental state of his incarcerated son, Jesse Jackson, Jr. The former Congressman entered federal prison in North Carolina last October and has since been transferred to a prison in Montgomery.
Pending good behavior, the 49 year old may be able to leave prison earlier than his original release date of December 31, 2015. He would then spend an undisclosed amount of time in a halfway house or home detention center.
Read the entire interview below:
TOM JOYNER: Reverend Jesse Jackson, how was your Easter Sunday?
JESSE JACKSON: Well, it was Resurrection Sunday, I visited my son yesterday.
TOM JOYNER: How is he doing?
SYBIL WILKES: How is he doing?
JESSE JACKSON: He’s getting stronger and better and he’s writing and teaching.
TOM JOYNER: He’s in Montgomery?
JESSE JACKSON: In Montgomery, I think Maxwell Airforce Base. But do let me say that it was a sad day, I offer condolences to the family of Rubin Hurricane Carter, a champion in the ring, racially profiled, sentenced to die, stayed in jail 20 years and survived it. He never let his spirit break. There was a big protest to free Hurricane. Bob Dylan wrote a song about his time in jail and there was a movie done by Denzel Washington about Hurricane Carter. He was a champion in the ring and a hero outside the ring. A champion, when they win, they ride the peoples’ shoulders, but he rose, people rose and rode his shoulder. He knocked folk down in the ring, he saved so many lives; many people owe a debt to Hurricane Carter. So we offer real condolences to his family. I talked to them yesterday in Toronto, Canada. Let me announce quickly that all high school seniors and college students should come across the stage with the diploma in one hand and a voter card in one hand and sign up for healthcare. Demand the right to vote, and the right to expanded healthcare. Do not let them nullify your access to affordable healthcare just because there’s right wings governors who want to take away the right to vote, but to fight back, for students to have the right to healthcare. We have to fight more.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31