A video of police bullying at its finest has gone viral on Facebook. The video shows the victim’s, Donrell Breaux (pictured), home seemingly invaded by a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy who is seen trying to forcibly cuff him without following protocol.
Reportedly, Breaux and friend Eric Banegas were standing on Breaux’s porch just shooting the breeze joking and using profanity. A neighbor emerged from his home and asked the men to lower their voices and be mindful of their bad language. Breaux told The Times-Picayune that the neighbor was combative from the start, and when the men confronted the irate man, he summoned police.
“He threatens to call the police all the time about stuff in the backyard and stuff going on inside the house. Things like, there’s too many cars in the driveway,” Breaux told the news outlet.
When deputies arrived, they reportedly spoke with the unidentified neighbor, then according to the video, proceeded to forcibly enter Breaux’s home while refusing to answer the young man’s questions as to why he is being arrested. Breaux continuously refers to the officer, as “Sir,” even while the policeman wrestles the young man on the couch. The young man then continues to plead with the policeman, stating several times that he is scared and for the officer not to shoot him.
At the end of the video, another deputy is seen joining in the unnerving wrangle.
Watch the unsettling video.
The incident reportedly took place on March 30th in River Ridge, La. The encounter was recorded by Banegas who then posted the footage on Facebook two days after.
Breaux told the Times-Picayune that he has seen both of the arresting deputies before at the complaining neighbor’s house and he believes they are friends, stating, ”These are personal friends. I wish I had friends that I could call and have them handle personal vendettas that I have with my neighbors.”
Meanwhile, Breaux was eventually taken in to police custody and was slapped with a slew of charges: battery of a police officer, resisting arrest with violence, disorderly conduct, and disturbing the peace.
Breaux is trying to obtain an attorney to represent him and is livid about the situation that occurred, showing that citizens never seem to get a fair shake when they’re up against police abuse, ”I’m pretty pissed about the situation,” he said. “I feel this is wrong because they do this all the time and nobody ever has it on video. I feel it’s a problem with the police and people not knowing their rights.”
The Times-Picayne contacted the sheriff’s office and they have offered no comments regarding the video.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31