The Minnesota Vikings All-Pro running back Adrian Peterson might not be in the Super Bowl this year, but he’s still winning. Chris Tucker is headlining his Adrian Peterson All-Pros Of Comedy show happening this Friday night at the Newark Performing Arts Center in Newark, New Jersey. 105.1 ‘Breakfast Club’ host Charlemange will be the night’s MC, and a portion of the proceeds will go to Peterson’s All Day Foundation, which helps at-risk youth.
Tucker was one of the million Atlantans stuck during a minor snowstorm in the city which left thousands stranded for hours on highways near the city center.
“I’m stuck at Tyler Perry’s studio right now,” Tucker says. “I was here editing my standup movie that’s coming out this Easter so I’ve been stuck here for two days.”
Tucker isn’t expecting any better weather for the Super Bowl where temperatures are expected to be below freezing. “It’s going to be crazy.”
Listen above for Chris’ take on how he’s faring this year’s tax season and his penchant for buying houses.
“I told you I had two,” he told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “I was my own neighbor.”
Famous Folks Who Were Adopted or Orphaned
1. NFL wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was raised by his aunt Shirley and her husband after his mother was incarcerated for intent to distribute cocaine when he was 11-years-old. His father was serving overseas in the Army..1 of 14
2. Comedian Tommy Davidson was adopted by a white couple when he was around two years old. (Photo: PR Photos)2 of 14
3. Dancer and actress Victoria Rowell was a foster child for most of her childhood with both black and white families. (PR)3 of 14
4. The late Nelson Mandela was taken to a larger village and raised as a ward after his father died.4 of 14
5. Rachel Crow of X Factor was adopted by a white family when she was small. She recently signed a contract with Nickelodeon.5 of 14
6. Darryl McDaniels of RUN-D.M.C. discovered he was adopted while gathering information for his autobiography in 2000. (PR)6 of 14
7. Louis Armstrong was raised by his grandmother and in an orphanage when she was unable to care for him. (Photo: AP)7 of 14
8. Actor & Rapper Ice-T was orphaned at age nine and was looked after by a variety of family members and neighbors. (AP)8 of 14
9. Actor and comedian Jamie Foxx was adopted at seven months by his maternal grandmother. (Photo: AP)9 of 14
10. Nicole Richie was adopted by legendary singer Lionel Richie. (Photo: AP)10 of 14
11. Bo Diddley was adopted and raised by his mother's cousin, Gussie McDaniel, whose surname he adopted. (Photo: AP)11 of 14
12. Malcolm X was raised in an orphanage and in foster care. (Photo: AP)12 of 14
13. Marilyn Monroe spent much of her childhood in foster homes due to her mother's mental illness. (Photo: AP)13 of 14
14. Daunte Culpepper was adopted by one of the housemothers of the jail his teenage mom was in when he was born. (Photo: AP)14 of 14
(Photo: PR Photos)