Don’t pledge to workout everyday: Pledging to workout everyday may be difficult to maintain and may not allow the body time to recover and repair itself. Instead, aim to do 3 full body workouts per week with 1-2 days rest between. Include interval cardio training and combination exercises in each workout. For example, include an interval run or bike ride that involves consistently changing pace (i.e. slow, fast, slow, faster, etc.). A combination exercise, for example, may include push-ups followed by body-weight squats with a 30-60 second active rest between. An active rest can include marching in place, jumping jacks, dancing, etc. On rest days, do something leisurely active to keep the body moving (i.e. take the stairs to your office instead of the elevator, pick-up lunch instead of having it delivered, etc.). The body gets weak if the body doesn’t move.
Establish 1 new lifestyle change per month: Research has shown that those who develop a wellness-based lifestyle not only lose weight, but also keep the weight off. Here are examples of monthly lifestyle changes.
Drink less soda: Soda and other sugary drinks can contribute to belly fat and expand your waistline. Attempt to drink one less soda per day per month. Replace the soda amount with water. For example, replace a 12 oz. soda with a 12 oz. glass of water.
Get high quality sleep: high quality sleep can have a positive effect on appetite control, muscle growth and energy. Attempt to go to sleep 15 minutes earlier per night per month. Continue this process until you are able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour to get 7-8 hours of sleep.
No condemnation: If you fall off the proverbial wellness wagon, don’t condemn or punish yourself. For example if you find yourself on a junk food binge, don’t skip subsequent meals to make up for the damage. Skipping meals can slow metabolism, cause the body to store fat and may cause more overeating. Similarly, if you miss a scheduled workout, don’t workout for consecutive days to make up for the workout missed. Not allowing your body to recover between workouts can increase susceptibility to injury. Instead of these tactics, simply resume your wellness-based lifestyle.
Don’t give up: Be patient with yourself. It took time for us to develop less-than- healthy wellness habits and may take time to develop healthier ones. As Thomas Edison once said “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading 5 Tips To Maintain Your New Year’s Resolutions