The lawyer conducting the NFL’s investigation into possible bullying on the Miami Dolphins wrapped up an opening series of interviews with every player and coach, along with others who work for the team.
A statement released Saturday by Ted Wells’ law firm added: “Our work will continue over the next few weeks.”
The league had not given an indication how long the inquiry might last.
Martin left the Dolphins on Oct. 28.
Incognito was suspended indefinitely by the team on Nov. 3, and will miss his third consecutive game Sunday when the Dolphins play the Carolina Panthers.
On Thursday, Incognito agreed to postpone his grievance hearing challenging the suspension until Wells completes his investigation. In a statement, Incognito said he would cooperate fully with Wells, with a goal of rejoining the Dolphins.
“We have concluded our initial round of interviews with the Miami Dolphins and spent time with every player and coach, as well as key staff members and management,” Saturday’s statement from Wells said.
He went on to thank Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and “players, coaches and staff for their complete cooperation throughout this process.”
Wells met last week with Martin in New York.
Martin, a second-year pro from Stanford, has said he wants to play football again. He has been with family in California undergoing treatment for emotional issues.
Incognito has said he regrets racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker room “brotherhood,” not bullying.
Wells is expected to determine the roles of coach Joe Philbin, other coaches and Miami’s front office, and the NFL has said his final report will be made public.
Ross has acknowledged that changes are needed and formed two committees to study the team’s locker room culture.