If you have kids, you already know how much unrelenting work they can be. But if you’re the McGhee family, you can multiply that work times six. The high school sweethearts from Columbus, OH are the parents of septuplets who are now 3 years old. (One daughter died at birth.) Fortunately for parents Mia and Rozonno, Oprah Winfrey loved the family so much after having them on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” that she offered them a show on the OWN Network. “Six Little McGhees” has its second season debut on Saturday, September 7 at 10 p.m./9 central. The Tom Joyner Morning Show checked in with the McGhees to see how they’re doing:
TJMS: How’s it going for you with the six little kids?
Rozonno McGhee: Oh it’s going. They’re off the hook. They are off the hook!
You got six kids at one time.
Rozonno: God is good!
Have you had the chance to get romantic since? How do you manage that?
Rozonno: Oh yeah, absolutely. Every now and then you have to call the grandparents to come over and watch the kids so you can go out and dance and have a good time. Not all the time because they’re three. My parents don’t like coming over like that no more. [The kids] ain’t cute and cuddly no more.
If you didn’t have this TV show on OWN, how would you manage the diapers and milk – does your carpet cleaning business sustain you with the bills you have now?
Rozonno: Ask God because I do not know.
How is the carpet cleaning business?
Rozonno: The carpet cleaning business is doing well. It’s doing good. Me and my wife are partners, I listen to her; there’s no argument when it comes to business.
They say working with family is really a problem. You hired members of your family to work with you, right?
MIa: We learned our lesson not to do that again.
What about babysitters?
MIa: We have grandparents. We have good friends and other family members but grandparents are really good. You’ll see on this season. As the kids got older, the group diminished. They come and just visit now.
Have you thought about putting six kids through college?
Rozonno: College is always on the back of our mind. That’s why we work every day. And thank God for Oprah, she gave us a shout out and our business turned around.
Mia and Rozonno McGhee are back with a season full of their six adorable two year olds in tow! As parents to rapidly growing sextuplets, they’re taking on both parenthood and a growing family business with a little less help than usual, all while trying to keep their sanity. Tune in for the season premiere of 6 Little McGhees on Saturday, September 7th at 10/9c.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31