Kayla Henriques, 20, pleaded guilty to manslaughter Wednesday and will serve 15 years in prison for the stabbing death of her close friend Kamisha Richards, 22, reports NY Daily News.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Henriques stabbed Richards in February 2011 after the two engaged in a Facebook feud over a $20 loan for a box of diapers.
Richards, who was dating Henriques’ brother, Ramel Henriques, loaned her friend the money for diapers but she used it on something else. In the heat of arguing over the money, Kayla claims that Richards threw her son’s milk, spilling it.
Their “beef” escalated via Facebook and text message, ultimately leading Richards to post:
“Kayla now u getin outa hand…I hope u having fun entertaining the world…Trust, IMA HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!”
Henriques replied, in what was clearly foreshadowing:
“We will see.”
Read more from NY Daily News:
Family and friends said Richards, 22, took the accused killer under her wing when Henriques’ mother died 15 years ago.
Last year, Richards threw a baby shower for Henriques – and she was helping plan a first birthday party in May for the suspect’s son Alex before the fatal falling-out over a package of Pampers.
A weary-looking Henriques, her hair unkempt and her hands cuffed, barked at reporters outside the 75th Precinct stationhouse when asked if she felt bad about the slaying.
“No, ’cause it was a mistake,” she snapped. “I was protecting my kids.”
“They had been beefing for about three days,” said Barbie, a neighbor in the Cypress Hills Houses.
The once-friendly pair traded Facebook insults over the weekend, with one of Kayla Henriques’ uncles saying the hard feelings were further fueled by ugly text messages.
“B—h man up … I’m here make a move,” read one Facebook post from Henriques, known in the neighborhood as “KK.”
“Kamisha, I miss you,” wrote Ramel Henriques, 25, on his Facebook page. “I need you baby.”
Richards was a graduate of of John Jay School of Criminal Justice and was planning to attend law school in the fall of 2011, instead she died at Brookdale University Hospital.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Kayla Henriques Sentenced To 15 Years For Facebook Murder