Need a good beach read? Zane’s got you covered. Her eighth anthology “Busy Bodies: Chocolate Flava 4” is out now and as usual, it’s full of erotic delights from a host of authors. But be careful when reading it in public, it might make you feel, shall we say, excited?
“There are twenty-five other writers and myself,” Zane told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “The sexual aspect is a part of it, but you have to make that entertaining and explain why it should be interesting that people are even reading it. I tend to pick stories out of the box that I’ve never seen done before. So the stories run the gamut from the supernatural to just really wild to people trying to rediscover their sexuality. Which is what I typically do across the board with everything that I do.”
Aside from writing and publishing books through her Strebor Books company, the Washington, D.C. area resident now has a presence on television, creating two shows for Cinemax. Her second show “The Jump Off” just completed its first season. Will there be a second?
“I sure hope so. I’m waiting to hear. We had a fabulous first season and everybody loved it,” Zane says. “We had good ratings.” That despite Joe Torry stripping down, along with the rest of the cast, who spend much of their screen time unclothed. (Tom says seeing his friend Torry in the buff is an image he’s had a hard time shaking.)
“It’s still airing in repeats and you can catch it on demand,” Zane added. She says “Zane’s Sex Chronicles,” which is no longer shooting new episodes, is also still airing in repeats. Her film, “Addicted” based on the book of the same title with Sharon Leal, Tasha Smith, Boris Kodjoe and Tyson Beckford is due out next year. And Zane even has a pill out to enhance sexual performance for men and women.
Zane’s son has followed her into the erotica business. He wrote a story in “Chocolate Flava 3” and is coming out with a book next year called “The Angle of The Dangle.” Zane says it was as much a surprise to her as anyone else.
“I honestly don’t even discuss it with him,” she laughs.
To keep up with all of Zane’s projects, click here.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25