Sweetie Pie’s is back. The St. Louis soul food restaurant with two locations run by Robbie Montgomery and her son, Tim, inspired “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s,” one of the Oprah Winfrey Network’s most successful shows thus far.
The reality series follows Montgomery and her family as they navigate life, love and money while keeping up the soul food tradition that made them popular in the first place. The show’s third season begins on OWN on July 27 at 10 p.m. In previews, it appears that Tim and his fiancée, Janae, are having serious issues after the premature birth of their son, TJ.
“Yes sir, that’s a lifetime thing right there. Him and Janae, I’m just praying for them. I’m praying and cursing,” Montgomery told The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “The baby is doing wonderful. That’s our beautiful child, we love him and he’s just walking around – not talking or nothing so I can’t teach him how to curse yet.”
As for her hapless nephew Charles, Montgomery says she’s close to giving up on him.
“He just had a dog have 9 babies. I’m putting him out of the house again, I’ve done fired him about three more times. He hasn’t changed.”
Now in her 70’s, the former Ikette exchanged sequined dresses for aprons, opening her soul food restaurant after a collapsed lung derailed her music career.
Years into a successful business, Montgomery’s son, Tim, crafted the idea of a reality show which was ultimately sold to Oprah’s fledging network. 32 episodes later, “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” is a bonafide hit.
This season, expect more family drama as well as Montgomery’s ongoing search for love.
“I’m still looking,” she says. When asked if it was necessary for a man to share her love of salty language, Montgomery said “If he’s a cursing man, he has to be a confident man and know what he’s cursing about. He don’t have to be young or old, but since Tina (Turner) got married, I’m feeling real powerful now.”
As for her reality show’s success at this point in her life, Montgomery says she’s grateful to still be on the air.
“This is truly a blessing. We never thought we’d be here this long but we’re still hanging in here.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31