Julia Charlene Merfeld (pictured) faces life in prison, after she got caught on video plotting to have her husband killed by a hitman, because according to her, “it was easier than divorcing him.” The scheming wife, who didn’t suspect that her wheeling and dealing antics to have her husband snuffed out were being filmed, erroneously hired an undercover police detective to do the dirty job, according to MLive.
The video footage, which was filmed last April, was the product of a sting by the Muskegon County, Mich., District Attorney’s office.
On the tape, Merfeld is heard telling the unidentified fake hitman that she would pay him $50,000 for his deed, but it would be parceled out in a series of $9,000 weekly installments in order to not raise any red flags at her banking institution. Merfeld is also heard stating that she would give the hitman $100 to get the ball rolling. During her conversation, Merfeld appears extraordinarily calm and can even be seen chuckling.
In another bone-chilling move, Merfeld refers to her Batman-stickered smartphone often for convenient “killing appointment times.” For one fleeting moment, Merfeld appears to have a change of heart about having the Father of her two young children put to sleep, after the hitman tells her that he would pump two bullets in to her husband’s head and that “he’s gonna die.” But even as she says, “It makes me sad,” she has a slight smile on her face.
Her moment of compassion passes, though, once the fake killer tells her the murder cannot be halted “after today.” And when Merfeld interrupts the hitman to ask “what happens if you get caught?” the hitman assures her he’ll “take the hit” and not give her up as long as she pays him, to which she replies, “absolutely.”
By day two, the logistics of the killing are all finalized: The hit would take place in Merfeld’s home while she is busy at work, the murder would have been made to look like a robbery, and her husband would be shot down in the pantry.
Merfeld gives the hitman directions to her house, a layout of the residence, her husband’s photo, and the down payment of $100. The plotting pair shake hands, wish each other good luck, and Merfeld exits the vehicle with a smile on her face.
Watch the crazy video of Merfeld plotting to kill her husband here:
All of the conversations between Merfeld and the ‘hitman’ took place in his vehicle and each discussion lasted about 11 minutes. The video was filmed over a two-day period, April 9th and 10th, as the pair were parked in front of a store.
Who snitched on Merfeld?
Allegedly Merfeld’s co-worker, Carlos Ramos, told MLive she had first tried to hire him as a hitman, offering him the same $50,000 fee for the job. Ramos in turn alerted police who then set up a series of meetings, which led to Merfeld’s eventual arrest.
Ironically, Merfeld’s husband asked the sentencing judge to NOT give his wife any jail time.
But what was the motive for the hit?
According to the D.A.’s office, Merfeld, who has pleaded guilty, wanted to take out her 27-year-old hubby because of a big fat life insurance policy of $400,000 that she would benefit from upon his demise.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Wife Caught On Tape Plotting Husband’s Death With Fake Hitman [VIDEO]