More than a year after a rep for Bobbi Kristina denied rumors that she was engaged to her “adopted” brother Nick Gordon, the 23-year-old daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown has announced that they are indeed planning to marry.
“YES, we me [and] nick are engaged,” she posted on Facebook early Wednesday. She went on to address some negative feedback from fans regarding their relationship.
Bobbi Kristina continued:
“I’m tired of hearing people say “eww your engaged to your brother or if Whitney was still alive would we be together or would she approve of this.” Let me clear up something, we aren’t even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him. In fact, mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating. My mom knows me better than any of you. A lot of yall are saying that yall are only saying this all out of love. Which is bull because if that was so, all you would want is for me to be happy. People need to seriously stop judging my relationship. Pretty sure it’s my own decision who I want to be with. Yes, my relationship may not be perfect. We will have rough patches, just like every other relationship. And we have had our rough patches. You may or may not agree with my relationship. You may or may not respect it. Judge me, go ahead. Your opinions are yours and mine are mine. It is my life and not yours. The decisions I make have nothing to do with you. Goodnight.”
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
Source:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd
1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna
2 of 25
3. Whitney Houston 1986
Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.
3 of 25
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
Source:david plastik / PR Photos
4 of 25
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.
5 of 25
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna
6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston in 1993
7 of 25
8. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK
8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
10 of 25
11. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
11 of 25
12. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
Source:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses
12 of 25
13. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
13 of 25
14. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
Source:© Retna Ltd.
14 of 25
15. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.
15 of 25
16. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
17 of 25
18. Whitney Houston at the 17th Carousel Of Hope Ball Beverly Hilton in 2006
18 of 25
19. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
19 of 25
20. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
20 of 25
21. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
Source:© Derek Storm/Retna
21 of 25
22. Whitney Houston in 2010
22 of 25
23. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 25
24. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
24 of 25
25. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
25 of 25