Kandi Burruss might be competing with Beyonce for the title of the hardest working woman in show business. The star of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” is also a Grammy-winning songwriter, a radio host, a sex toy entrepreneur, a mother, a fiancee and the host of her own Bravo spinoff show “The Kandi Factory.” The second season of “The Kandi Factory” airs tonight at 9 p.m. Burruss quest for media domination gives aspiring singers the chance to win a record contract by singing Burruss’ original songs. Can you sing “Ching, Ching?” In eight episodes, Burruss will train develop each singer in a five-day period to see whose talent rises to the top. She talked to the Tom Joyner Morning Show this morning about her new project.
SKIP CHEATHAM: Kandi is in the building. What’s up Kandi?
KANDI BURRUSS: What’s up? Good morning.
Skip: Good morning! How you doin’?
Kandi: I’m great. I’m excited today.
Skip: Big boss lady. I see you doing so much. First of all, let me say congratulations to “The Kandi Factory,” the new show premieres tonight. Can’t wait for that.
Kandi: Thank you. I need everybody’s support today. 10 p.m. on Bravo. I’m nervous. (Laughs).
LONI LOVE: Why you nervous? Kandi, do you remember when we did the cooking show? Remember? Let me tell you something Skip, we did this cooking show for TV One, and they were trying to cook some greens and Kandi wasn’t feeling it. She wasn’t even eating the greens.
Kandi: Because they burned them up.
Skip: Scorched greens, ain’t nothing worse than that.
Loni: Tell us about the new show “The Kandi Factory” coming on tonight.
Kandi: Well, “The Kandi Factory” is a show where I give people a chance who want to be artists, I give them the chance to go in there and do their thing and show their stuff to the world. I give them all original songs. I write new songs for every artist on the show. Each week, we got two new people. You’ve got to go through the artist development process – learn the song, record the song, learn the show, change their image and perform in front of a live audience all within five days. So each week you see the whole transformation on one episode where it would take some people a year to do.
Skip: That’s it, right there.
Loni: How many episodes?
Kandi: It’s eight episodes.
Kandi: Tonight is the first. I’m on the edge of my seat. I hope everyone supports it and watches tonight.
Skip: You know we gonna be in there. I just want to ask you this – have you ever wanted to slap the stew out of one of the other housewives? Did you ever do it and they just didn’t catch it on camera?
Skip: Little sweet Kandi, but I know you. You got that other side of you. You got that hood in you.
Kandi: Well, I’m sure all of us have a little bit of that. Thank goodness, it hasn’t had to come to that at all. There have been moments where I’ve gotten close but no.
Loni: For the show, are you just doing R&B or pop?
Kandi: On, no we do every genre of music. I mean today’s episode it will be a pop artist and a dance music artist. We got rap artists, rock music, pop music, R&B and dance. The list goes on. We try to touch everything.
Skip: That’s going to be great. The Kandi Factory tonight on Bravo. Okay, real quick. Kenya Moore – is she crazy for real or is she just acting like that for TV?
Kandi: I think she turns it up for TV.
Skip: My “King” magazine. I don’t even watch that no more. She crazy.
Loni: The Kandi Factory comes on tonight at – what time again?
Kandi: 10 p.m.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31