A baby shower in Stoughton, Mass., ended in Drake/Chris Brown fashion as some 200 people began brawling with each other, the Boston Herald reports.
The event took place at Club Luis De Camoes Saturday evening and reportedly spiraled out of control twenty minutes before midnight after a man reported to a cop that he was sucker punched by another partygoer. The guest of honor blamed uninvited guests and cops who were called to bring calm to the chaos.
“My niece got shoved across the room. She’s only 2 months old. A kid got hit in the head with a table. I was very scared. It’s still a shock to me,” said Maria Depina, 22, of Brockton, who blamed the chaos at Club Luis De Camoes on party crashers “we didn’t even know” and overly aggressive cops.
The scene was reportedly so out of control that Stoughton police said they called in officers from other localities for backup. Stoughton police are armed with tasers, not guns. Maria’s older brother, Paulo Pires Depina, was tased during the melee but no officer pulled their service weapon, according to The Herald.
“My brother got tased right in front of me and a police officer pushed me on top of him,” she claimed. “(The police) could have done a better job.”
Two adults besides Depina (Patrick Cardoso Lopes, 24, and Aderito Lopes Deandrade, 22,) and one teenager, 14, were also arrested and charged with numerous counts, including disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault and battery on a police officer. They also face charges of obstruction of justice and intimidation of a witness.
“The behavior was appalling. It was absolutely appalling. There’s just no other way to put it,” Stoughton Police Executive Officer Robert Devine told the Herald this afternoon. “The worst part was there was a lot of children. Our officers were concerned about the safety of the little ones, while the people who were fighting apparently could have cared less. They were swinging chairs and smashing bottles.”
Devine added that officers on the scene exercised incredible restraint and had every right to fear for their lives. Some of the cops suffered scraps, bumps and bruises but nothing serious.
The adults are expected to be arraigned on Monday in Stoughton District Court.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25