As Election Day approaches, a new national survey shows that President Barack Obama is already winning America’s favor.
A new Pew Research Center poll found that President Obama has a three-point lead over Republican nominee Mitt Romney among undecided voters.
The results gave President Obama a 50-to-45 lead among voters after three-percent of voters were divided between the candidates. Researchers split up voters based on their choice of one candidate over another as well as calculated predictions on how the undecided voter will choose on Tuesday.
On the other hand, a third of undecided voters have already made their choice at the polls with 48 percent choosing Obama and 45 percent voting for Romney.
In a previous survey following the first debate, President Obama trailed his opponent. The two candidates were tied in a poll taken last week.
Romney is still the top choice among men and voters ages 65 and older. However, Romney’s supporters who are 65 and older dropped 10 points last week.
President Obama has closed the gap among women supporters with a 53-to-40 percent lead over Romney.
The turmoil of Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast has also increased the number of Obama supporters especially among moderates. About seven out of ten likely voters including 46 percent of Romney voters and 63 percent of swing voters believe that President Obama handled the storm crisis properly.
The poll also showed the enthusiasm behind Obama supporters. Eighty percent of Obama enthusiasts said they were voting for the President rather than simply voting against Romney. Yet, 60 percent of Romney voters said they were voting for the Republican nominee rather than against Obama.
"In past elections, dating to 1960, the candidate with the higher percentage of strong support has usually gone on to win the popular vote….And far more registered voters expect an Obama victory than a Romney victory on Nov. 6 (52% vs. 30%)," the Pew report found.
The new poll also shed some light behind Romney’s campaign. According to the results, Romney supporters were the most engaged voters and consistently kept up with the election in comparison to Obama supporters. Romney fans were also found to be “more committed to voting” than Obama supporters with a margin of 6 to 8 points.
Pew Researchers conducted over 2500 phone interviews between October 31-November 1. Participants were randomly chosen and the survey has a margin of error of 2.2 percent.
Also On Black America Web:
This Weekβs Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy ππππ
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". π₯ #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the π³. π³
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! π#wcw π
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen π₯β¨β‘οΈ
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day π@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. β€οΈοΈ
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you lookπ). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddyπ. Amen somebodyππ½. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! πππ love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. ππ
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart β€οΈ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton π
28 of 30
29. You will always be my babyπ. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30