As Election Day approaches, a new national survey shows that President Barack Obama is already winning America’s favor.
A new Pew Research Center poll found that President Obama has a three-point lead over Republican nominee Mitt Romney among undecided voters.
The results gave President Obama a 50-to-45 lead among voters after three-percent of voters were divided between the candidates. Researchers split up voters based on their choice of one candidate over another as well as calculated predictions on how the undecided voter will choose on Tuesday.
On the other hand, a third of undecided voters have already made their choice at the polls with 48 percent choosing Obama and 45 percent voting for Romney.
In a previous survey following the first debate, President Obama trailed his opponent. The two candidates were tied in a poll taken last week.
Romney is still the top choice among men and voters ages 65 and older. However, Romney’s supporters who are 65 and older dropped 10 points last week.
President Obama has closed the gap among women supporters with a 53-to-40 percent lead over Romney.
The turmoil of Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast has also increased the number of Obama supporters especially among moderates. About seven out of ten likely voters including 46 percent of Romney voters and 63 percent of swing voters believe that President Obama handled the storm crisis properly.
The poll also showed the enthusiasm behind Obama supporters. Eighty percent of Obama enthusiasts said they were voting for the President rather than simply voting against Romney. Yet, 60 percent of Romney voters said they were voting for the Republican nominee rather than against Obama.
"In past elections, dating to 1960, the candidate with the higher percentage of strong support has usually gone on to win the popular vote….And far more registered voters expect an Obama victory than a Romney victory on Nov. 6 (52% vs. 30%)," the Pew report found.
The new poll also shed some light behind Romney’s campaign. According to the results, Romney supporters were the most engaged voters and consistently kept up with the election in comparison to Obama supporters. Romney fans were also found to be “more committed to voting” than Obama supporters with a margin of 6 to 8 points.
Pew Researchers conducted over 2500 phone interviews between October 31-November 1. Participants were randomly chosen and the survey has a margin of error of 2.2 percent.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25