Click here to listen to Shaun T's full interview with the TJMS.
We’ll break it to you gently. “Insanity” star Shaun T., who has been the face, body and voice for the sold on TV DVD’s that will whip anybody into shape, is no longer available. Shaun got married and “came out” to the public via Twitter. The 34-year-old creator of “Insanity” and “Hip-Hop Abs” retweeted the best wishes a friend sent him on Twitter and he forwarded it to his 85,000 followers with pictures of his best female friend and new husband Scott Blokker. Although Shaun, born Shaun Thompson, was an openly gay man, this was the first time he’d acknowledged it publicly.
Shaun T joined the Tom Joyner Morning show to discuss his "coming out" telling the crew, "I love all the tabloids how it's like Shaun T has finally came out. I was never in."
He goes on to explain why he never said he was gay publicly, "I create fitness DVDs and programs that help change people's lives I'm not going to be like 'Hey what's up, this is Shaun T welcome to Insanity, I'm gay."
The couple is in complete wedding bliss just weeks after their nuptials. Shaun T explained to the crew how the couple decided who got whose last name, saying, "I just knew that I wanted his last name… [I'm} the only Shaun Blokker in the world, get in to it," he said excitedly.
But getting married doesn’t stop the business side of Shaun’s life. After touring with Powerade this summer and taking “Insanity” all around the country, he released “Insanity: Asylum” late this summer. The latest edition of the “Insanity” series uses sports training methods that promise to get people into amazing shape. For Shaun T., fitness is not just a business; it’s his own way of life. He says that “Insanity” was something he created not for profit, but because he wanted to see others become confident and fit.
“I played football, basketball, and track and field, those were my sports,” Shaun told yahoo.com. “I actually went to college and I gained the freshman 50. So I gained a lot of weight my first year cause I was focused on academics. After that I really appreciated what health and fitness did for me in my earlier years. I really wanted to feel good like that again. Experiencing the quote, unquote not happy with my body feeling, I wanted to inspire people to be like you know what, you can be happy and fit and healthy with your life. So it is truly my passion to motivate people to be a happier, healthier them. From that experience that I had in college I got into the fitness world. I started teaching classes, personal training, actually became a professional dancer and choreographer. I took some of my sports training that I did in college too and created “Insanity” and “Asylum.” So I do what I do because I love to help people.”
Check out the “Insanity:Asylum” video here.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31