If you haven’t caught “Key and Peele” on Comedy Central, tonight would be a good night to do so. The show airs weekly on Wednesday nights at 10:30 and since the second round of debates has aired, you can believe that the two will have something to say about them. One of their best sketches is on Obama and his “anger translator” Luther, the guy who says everything that you can imagine Obama would want to say but can’t. Key plays Luther and Peele is the buttoned up Obama. There may be no better endorsement of the show than the one from the Commander In Chief himself, who watches the show and met the two comics during a campaign stop.
“It's pretty rarefied air to actually be able to hear from a subject that you are parodying, or whose behavior you're trying to study,” Key told NYCgo.com. “So, to answer your question in the most basic way, I feel fantastic. [Laughs] He literally looked me in the eyes and said, "I need a Luther." He goes, "Second term. Second term." How do you even explain that kind of satisfaction, when not only do they see what you're doing but they understand what you're getting at with your comedy?
Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele are the guys behind “Key and Peele” and while they may be African-American comics, they’re comics in a different vein. They don’t do the usual spate of sex and “white folks” jokes and if when they do, they do them in a different kind of way. The duo honed their comic talents at Chicago’s famed Second City comedy and both joined the cast of MAD TV before coming to Comedy Central. “Key and Peele” has earned a second season from Comedy Central, and a growing fanbase.
The duo performs at New York’s Comedy Week from November 5-11. Their performance is at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts at New York University on November 7 at 8 p.m. To win tickets for that show, click here: http://www.nycgo.com/comedy.
Here’s a look at Obama’s “Anger Translator” on “The Last Four Years.”
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Key and Peele: Post-Racial Funny?