I found this on one of the many Web sites I haunt: The average woman would give up relations for 15 months for a closet full of brand new clothes.
Blink, then read it again. I’ll even bold and all-caps it to make it a little bit easier.
THE AVERAGE WOMAN WOULD GIVE UP RELATIONS FOR 15 MONTHS FOR A CLOSET FULL OF BRAND NEW CLOTHES!
Now, this is a big reality check for all you guys out there who just know you’re sexual gods and just know that any woman who’s had the privilege of experiencing your coital gifts would trade her first-born child for one more throwdown with you. According to this study, the truth of the matter is that women would sell you down the river for a closet full of new Prada dresses and a few pairs of Manolo Blahniks.
Click here to hear Nikki Woods’ “What in the Weekend?” report from “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.”
In the new poll, conducted by Unilever (They own Ben and Jerry’s, Lever 2000, Slim-Fast and like 40 other brands) of about 1,000 women in 10 American cities, on average, women say they’d go abstinent for 15 months in exchange for a closet full of new clothes.
Fifteen months? Now, that is a LONG time to abstain by choice!
It gets even better.
Two percent of women would abstain for three years if it meant that new closet of clothes. Sixty-one percent say it’d be worse to lose their favorite piece of clothing than give up sex for a month. And this could be a reason why: Half of the women say that their favorite clothes are more reliable than men in giving them confidence and making them feel sexy.
OH MY! Makes me wonder where they found the women who were surveyed and better yet, where those women found the men that they are dating and having relations with.
Now, I’m not saying that being abstinent for 15 months is a bad thing. I’ve done it, and it can be a very focusing experience. But to make that choice just to get a new pair of shoes? I think not.
I’m not going to touch the part about women making that choice because men are unreliable and less than supportive. Once again, that goes back to the type of man that you’re picking.
While we’re talking about this, a completely different survey, by Travelodge, backed it up, finding that most women say at bedtime, they’d rather read, watch TV or just quickly fall asleep than be intimate with their man.
But if women are willing to give up sex that easily, check out this even more bizarre fact: A study last year showed that a large number of women would give up their health in the future to be thin today. Some women actually said they would trade having cancer in the future if it meant they could be their ideal weight now.
As sad as that fact is, it does bring up a point that goes along with the story about women who willing to give up sex for new clothes: Women seem to have an obsession – or even a pathological need – to look good. Our attitude, our personality, our ability to love is sometimes overly connected to our appearance.
If this is true, imagine how homeless women, women who are morbidly obese and women who, because of something that happened in their past, aren’t able to believe they’re beautiful no matter what?
If you have little girls or little boys, this is the time to let them know they are loved unconditionally, and that that love isn’t tied to their weight, their hair, the clothes hanging in their closet, the number of points they score on the field or their grades. Let them know that you’re in their corner and that God is on their side. And if you’re hanging your head low because your sex life and your weight aren’t on point, think about the message you’re sending them.
Throw your shoulders back, and stand tall.
Nikki Woods is senior producer of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The author of “Easier Said Than Done,” the Dallas-based Woods is currently working on her second and third novels. You can friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter: @nikkiwoods.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31