I found this on one of the many Web sites I haunt: The average woman would give up relations for 15 months for a closet full of brand new clothes.
Blink, then read it again. I’ll even bold and all-caps it to make it a little bit easier.
THE AVERAGE WOMAN WOULD GIVE UP RELATIONS FOR 15 MONTHS FOR A CLOSET FULL OF BRAND NEW CLOTHES!
Now, this is a big reality check for all you guys out there who just know you’re sexual gods and just know that any woman who’s had the privilege of experiencing your coital gifts would trade her first-born child for one more throwdown with you. According to this study, the truth of the matter is that women would sell you down the river for a closet full of new Prada dresses and a few pairs of Manolo Blahniks.
Click here to hear Nikki Woods’ “What in the Weekend?” report from “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.”
In the new poll, conducted by Unilever (They own Ben and Jerry’s, Lever 2000, Slim-Fast and like 40 other brands) of about 1,000 women in 10 American cities, on average, women say they’d go abstinent for 15 months in exchange for a closet full of new clothes.
Fifteen months? Now, that is a LONG time to abstain by choice!
It gets even better.
Two percent of women would abstain for three years if it meant that new closet of clothes. Sixty-one percent say it’d be worse to lose their favorite piece of clothing than give up sex for a month. And this could be a reason why: Half of the women say that their favorite clothes are more reliable than men in giving them confidence and making them feel sexy.
OH MY! Makes me wonder where they found the women who were surveyed and better yet, where those women found the men that they are dating and having relations with.
Now, I’m not saying that being abstinent for 15 months is a bad thing. I’ve done it, and it can be a very focusing experience. But to make that choice just to get a new pair of shoes? I think not.
I’m not going to touch the part about women making that choice because men are unreliable and less than supportive. Once again, that goes back to the type of man that you’re picking.
While we’re talking about this, a completely different survey, by Travelodge, backed it up, finding that most women say at bedtime, they’d rather read, watch TV or just quickly fall asleep than be intimate with their man.
But if women are willing to give up sex that easily, check out this even more bizarre fact: A study last year showed that a large number of women would give up their health in the future to be thin today. Some women actually said they would trade having cancer in the future if it meant they could be their ideal weight now.
As sad as that fact is, it does bring up a point that goes along with the story about women who willing to give up sex for new clothes: Women seem to have an obsession – or even a pathological need – to look good. Our attitude, our personality, our ability to love is sometimes overly connected to our appearance.
If this is true, imagine how homeless women, women who are morbidly obese and women who, because of something that happened in their past, aren’t able to believe they’re beautiful no matter what?
If you have little girls or little boys, this is the time to let them know they are loved unconditionally, and that that love isn’t tied to their weight, their hair, the clothes hanging in their closet, the number of points they score on the field or their grades. Let them know that you’re in their corner and that God is on their side. And if you’re hanging your head low because your sex life and your weight aren’t on point, think about the message you’re sending them.
Throw your shoulders back, and stand tall.
Nikki Woods is senior producer of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The author of “Easier Said Than Done,” the Dallas-based Woods is currently working on her second and third novels. You can friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter: @nikkiwoods.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30